Loma was the better fighter, will easily win rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ok, so he won 5 of the last 6. He still lost 6 out of the first 7. Still a loss. Lopez still out laned Loma in every round according to Compubox. Landed more power shots in 11 rounds. This fight was not close. You can try to argue the validity of Compubox, but never use punch stats when discussing Ward/Kovalev 1or Canelo/Golovkin again. Can't have it both ways.
    Just read another punch stat. Loma out landed Lopez in rounds 9, 10 and 11. Round 8 was even. Lopez landed more power shots in that round. As I said before, when punches landed are equal, I give the round to the guy that landed more power shots. So, according to this punch count I have it anywhere from 11-1 or 9-3 Lopez.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  2. NewBoxingOrder

NewBoxingOrder Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Lopez got mauled in the second half of the fight and I thought he was going to go down in the 8th or the 11th. I also gave Loma the 12th round as he was on the front foot and Lopez looked tired/hurt at least twice in the round and I thought Loma landed the cleaner blows. Loma may have gotten clipped a few times in the 12th but never looked in any danger. I also thought when watching live Lopez may have initiated the headbutt that caused the cut.

I'm a "front foot" guy and I thought Loma imposed his will more in the 12th than Lopez did. The judges did not agree with me.

I would love to see a rematch. Can Loma win? For sure. BUT......there is real risk because of Lopez' skill set. However, Loma landed the harder and cleaner shots throughout the fight so there would be risk for Lopez as well.

It was a great fight, Lopez is for real and Loma would probably be best served to drop down a weight class. But, like Andre Ward, I had the fight a draw and would welcome a rematch. It was 2 different fights and it'd be interesting to see who would come out on top in a sequel.

CST80 and HellSpawn86 like this.
  3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I did have it 6-6. But I felt I was doing everything I could to score it for Loma. It’s an odd one really. It *felt* clear for Lopez but round wise it wasn’t

HellSpawn86 likes this.