Lomachenko-Lopez: Video Preview & Prediction

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected

Robney, Sugar 88, BCS8 and 10 others like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I almost agree with you across the board, the sanctioning bodies are out of their mind, Teofimo has a slight puncher's chance, but this is way too much, way too soon for him. Loma will win decisively, however I believe it'll be via a vicious soul killing debilitating no mas. I can tell just by looking at his spoiled brat ass, he has quit in him.

Robney, Sugar 88, IsaL and 9 others like this.
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Loma might finish guys, had finished even with 1 liver punch. He just like to tire guys out a lot with his movement and combos.
    Nobody Salido won is empty noise: noname Salido boxed dirtyboxe and was considerably haeavier, still was not able to finish Loma. It is shame not win on cards for Salido.
    U.S fans are shitting on Loma cos this fight, because for them a boxer must be undefeated.
    So for them only Floyd Jr and Rocky Marciano might be big names, others : just noise.
    Pro boxing is not any kind of sport for majority of U.S fans, it is " must have undefeated record " .

4. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    That wouldn't surprise me, either.

I can absolutely see things potentially playing that way.

BCS8 and CST80 like this.
  5. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    Is this directed at me?

6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Not in general but Loma ( I'm not his fan btw ) is judged too harsh in U.S forums.
    Me likes Loma a bit just because he fought all fights with guys from TOP10 in their weight classes.
    It is more competitive boxing, more entertaining.;) Me more might like boxer with 2 losses vs top 10 boxers than undefeated guy that did not had any one from top 10 in the ring for example. MT approcah to fights records likes me more than pro boxing fans current trend.
    Criteria to evalue boxers in forums looks that is different: Ali had lost, etc GOATs too.
    Loma lost 1 fight on cards vs dude that was larger than he and vuala, how overvalued he is etc. Forum ppl love this approach.

Oddone, Zhuge Liang and Rumsfeld like this.
  7. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    I don't know that as many US fans hold the loss against him as you're suggesting.

Personally, I think the entire experience of losing against Salido made Lomachenko a better fighter, and proved his mental fortitude.

IsaL and CST80 like this.
  8. Theon

Theon Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I really enjoy watching both fighters. Lopez will definitely be one I one to follow as well of course Loma. My gut has been telling me this will be like Lacy/Calzaghe (Loma being Calzaghe). I think this will be very one sided.

9. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Good job as always Rummy,

Lomo has a fight on his hands, and IMO won't get enough credit for beating Lopez, at least in 2020. Lomo UD 116-112

BCS8, Oddone and Rumsfeld like this.
  10. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    Thanks Mendoza. And yeah, I agree. If Lomachenko does indeed emerge victorious, as I believe is likely, I have no doubt it will be the type of victory that tends to get downplayed by some.

Whatever happens, definitely looking forward to this one.

Sugar 88, BCS8 and Bogotazo like this.
  11. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    PM me your contact information. I think you need to be on the air!

While this fight has high expectations, I see Lomo who's got the best footwork and balance since Hector Camacho, using his feet and quick jab to make it harder for Lopez to score in some rounds. Not the best recipe for fireworks, but it is a way to win. We'll see.

12. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Great comparison, both Lacy and Lopez similarly rated with undefeated records who suddenly become "bums"

Sugar 88 likes this.
  13. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Teofemale doesn't have the same hype that Lacy enjoyed. He's only known for potentially being a KO artist.

14. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Seen plenty of people call him the next PPV star

15. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Interesting. He's Honduran, so it's not like he can tap into the Mexican fans.