Lomachenko Not Comparable to Past Greats

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Xplosive, Dec 8, 2018.

1. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    lol and what was Floyd's best weight class? I can't wait for you to say 147lbs...

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Actually it was 130 but he wasnt bad at 147 either.

3. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    You lot have to make your minds up as to whether Lomachenko's amateur record makes any difference to his greatness as a professional boxer or not.

Age isn't as important as experience is when an athlete is still in his physical prime. Whether a boxer is 19 or 29, a fighter having his first pro fight at either age has the same level of experience and is equally prepared.

Now, if you want to claim Lomachenko had an advantage in preparation because of his 400 amateur bouts. Then to remain objective, you must ensure you also include Lomachenko's amateur accomplishments to his pro accomplishments in terms of his greatness as a boxer. If you do combine Lomachenko's amateur accomplishments with his pro accomplishments and then compare them to Mayweather's amateur + pro boxing accomplishments or to any of the other 'ATG's' mentioned in this thread, Lomachenko already blows all of them away as his amateur + pro boxing accomplishments COMBINED are far superior in comparison.

And if you want to claim that Lomachenko's amateur accomplishments have no bearing or relevance on his greatness as a pro, compared to those other ATG's mentioned in this thread, then be prepared to also admit that Lomachenko's experience as an amateur boxer also had no bearing to the pros and therefore, Lomachenko was totally unprepared and totally inexperienced in his first pro boxing bout, just as much as any of the other ATG's like Mayweather were in their very first pro bout. Despite his amateur boxing experience because they are totally irrelevant as that's a totally different sport. Just like how a soccer / football player becoming a new pro boxer, would have no previous pro boxing experience in his first bout as football / soccer is a totally different sport which gives him no preparation / experience for his first pro boxing bout.

Just be objective and remain consistent is all I can state!

Rock0052, mirkofilipovic and bandeedo like this.
  4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    You know Loma dominated the cards by narrowly winning virtually every round. Which is something FMJ was known for too.

Mayweather didnt tee off on too many people in his career either.

5. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Not bad at all @ 147lbs

He hadn't grown into his body and acquired his man strength yet at 130lbs however. Still a fawn.

135-140 it pristine Floyd.

6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

11-1 in world title fights. Many in the hall of fame can't come close to that. Quality stuff.

The Long Count and Rock0052 like this.
  7. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    I'm just glad that someone as famous as u has shed some insight into this guy Loma who know one has ever heard of.. Apart from the fact that he didn't really 'struggle' with Pedraza & Linares is actually a very skilled operator who again won maybe 2 rounds & a KD your post was spot on. Oh & the bit about the likes of Duran & JCC not 'struggling' was factually incorrect as evidenced by the Viruet & Lockridge etc fights but don't let that get in the way either .. Lets compare this guy with 13 fights to completed ATG careers that's fair LOL

What a MASSIVE **** you must be :lol:

8. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I actually had the fight even going into the 11th and the first KD was caused by a low straying shot. This was a difficult fight for Loma and it’s not a knock to Loma since Pedraza is a skilled operator he had Loma looking vulnerable at several points in the fight. My hat goes off the Loma, I don’t take much heed from the atrocious comments especially from casuals like Stephen A. Smith.

9. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Loma was made to work a bit, I didn't think that he was necessarily having much trouble, as Pedraza wasn't landing much clean. The rounds Pedraza won, he won by being active, which future Lomachenko opponents should pay attention to. Guys get lulled into Loma's trap by standing in front of him while he's waving his arms, and pawing. It's a distraction. Focus on his head and body, instead of getting lulled into a pot shot, or counter.

10. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    How come Floyd struggled against Maidana who Devon Alexander completely schooled?

Not a knock on Floyd, just saying, no fighter is perfect.

11. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Yeah you obviously DKSAB. Biased fool.

12. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Jackass of a post..... I forgot every great fighter NEVER had difficult fights and always Ko'd the guys they were supposed to....

13. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Loma is damn good and worthy of praise and respect, time will tell how he compares to ATG's but he's well on his way to doing even greater things. I would love to see him fight Manny, I'd like to really evaluate where he stands relative to even this version of PacMan.

14. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I’ve seen your posts before and you’re likely the last person with the informal right to label another individual as biased and subjective.

I’ve been in and arounding boxing practically my whole life and some of the finer nuances of a fight are never fully recognized and accounted for. Loma was being timed and Pedraza was certainly catching him, I’ll even say that the momentum was starting to shift in Jose’s favor as he began to sit down more on his exchanges. Pedraza’s inability to increase his gear stopped him from capitalizing on a somewhat vulnerable Loma. What separates Loma from Pedraza was Lomachenko’s extra gear that came to surface as a reaction to the momentum shift. If you’re a fighter you see how evident that was after his reaction from the first knockdown there was a sense of desperation to perform and he felt his control slipping. Some personal nuggets of boxing psychology 101:

- Lack of sidesteps and confident distance finding jabs from Loma because of Pedraza's rhythm
    - abnormally low connect percentage from Loma
    - abnormally high amount punches thrown from Pedraza
    - Pedraza’s confidence in exchanges
    - steady decrease in feints after the second half equates to Lomachenko conceding
    - steady increase in land percentage from Pedraza during the second half
    - Pedraza’s Jab started to thud more
    - Loma began to walk in straight lines
    - Lomachenko’s decision to scratch the chess match and go full gear in the 11th to swing the momentum and nueratize what Jose’s was building
    - lack of one sided dominant rounds
    - denial of or dismissal of your opponents ability or skill set preconfrontation prepping you’re audience for a less than spectacular performance is one the the ultimate forms of flattery....just look at Loma’s post fight reaction when asked about Pedraza as a opponent, nothing but admiration and esteem.

Now go ahead and continue your keyboard warrior comments, it’s painfully obvious that you’re level of confirmation biased is only surpassed by your failure to provide a substance filled rebuttal regarding my previous fight assessment.

You’re typical

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    bandeedo likes this.
  15. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Just pure tribalist BS