Lomachenko On Rejecting Pacquiao Fight— He's OLD, He's DONE (!)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tomato(e) Can, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Agree with you 100% and it really is a shame that Loma won't take the fight as, all else aside, it would be good for the sport. Nonetheless, there are still a couple of potentially exciting fights left for Pac at his current weight and as long as boxing politics don't prevent these fights from being made I honestly believe we'll see Pacman pull off another upset or two before he hangs up his gloves for good :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    What are you on about? I agree Pac is a legendary figure but not for where he is now but what he was. The Pac that dispatched Hatton is long gone. You need to accept that.

I think Pac at his age may well struggle to get back down to 135 and may find himself as outmatched as ODLH was when he came back down. It's an unforgiving sport and whilst might shock me again I doubt he'd look great at 135 in 2019.

Keep pushing for this match though then when it happens it'll be your own stupid fault as fans when it goes one sad way.

3. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Boxing is about the exploitation of fighters by the fans. To find out who has the most heart, who will fight the toughest fighters, who can overcome the most pain and adversity.

It's not about cherry picking for the most money. That's where a guy like Mayweather did a disservice to the sport.

4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Yes he could in theory drop Loma. I mean Pac is p4p one of the hardest hitters in boxing history. The dude had scary power in the lower weights.

He just wont find the target.

Wasteman likes this.
  5. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Umhh.. MP just fought a guy who'd had 2 BUM fights in nearly 3 years, with a year & half year layoff in between them.. What's that? The height of integrity?! No. That's a public execution.. If MP is desperate it doesn't mean his fans have to be! When he's old, brain damaged & slurring maybe you'll understand this.

6. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. If they fought, 100% guarantee Lomachenko's detractors would crucify him and say he would, if he possessed a shred of honor, make a statement exactly like this, verbatim.

7. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I don't give Pac much credit for ODLH, but ODLH called him out and Pac went up 2 weight classes.

Dimensionally, Pac and Loma are the same. Loma, in all his greatness, should fight Pac at 147. But nope. First it was one year wait, then 137 catch-weight, then 135.

8. Tomato(e) Can

Feb 19, 2018
    I disagree. Loma stipulated 137 and then 135. If you think this isn't because he knows Pac could **** him up, then I don't know what to tell you. I think Loma would get plenty of credit if he beat or stopped Pac.

Worst case scenario is Loma gets a huge pay day and Pac would still be the biggest name and biggest win on his resume.

9. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    He lost to Horn who is a school teacher. Matthysse isn't relevant anymore & was relatively inactive. Bradley was nearly 3 years ago. Vargas posed no real threat stylistically & has a paltry KO ratio.

That was also a 147lb MP. Not a 135 lb version, who'd be a cadaver at this point.

It is nearly 2019 & MP is about to hit 40. If you think a 40 year old WW could drop 12 lbs & carry that power with him then u need to seek medical attention.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  10. Tomato(e) Can

Feb 19, 2018
    Loma doesn't have the type of concussive power to badly hurt Pac nevermind put him in a coma Gvozdyk style.

Pac would still be Loma's greatest win, yes or no?

11. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Really? Because all the rhetoric in the lead-up to Broner vs. Pac is "Broner gonna be destroyed and if not, he shouldn't get any credit for upsetting this version of Pac"

Now look, I hate Broner as much as the next guy - but that's a little bit of an unfair double standard. Lomachenko would get credit but he wouldn't?

12. Aston Villa

Aston Villa Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Hate mate, how can anyone cuss Loma for not wanting Pac with his resume so far.. Hes way to on point for this stage Pac, im not interested because of Lomas reasoning also. Prime Pac, or 3 yr ago even, not now !

13. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Goof for him being honest. Some guys are happy to feast on past prime 'name' opponents for a payday, only to have their idiot fans use that name ad nauseam....

14. Aston Villa

Aston Villa Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Totally..He's fighting prime fighters and dismantling them, Pac would look every bit his age rapidly once Loma warmed up, its got TKO late written all over it, and anyone that's a true fan of boxing would quite saddened

Liquorice likes this.
  15. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Pac would be total garbage at 135.... Some of you have the attention span of a freakin gnat

Aston Villa likes this.