Lomachenko recognizes the truth!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BlizzyBlizz, Jan 17, 2018.

1. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I told you guys a while back who I thought was pfp best. Now you can hear it from who some of you think is the best.

This content is protected

2. JohnnyDrama99

JohnnyDrama99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    July 2017.....Crawford or GGG at that time were definitely deserving of the #1 spot and Loma was just being honest. But after his win over Rigo, he may feel that he deserves to be ranked p4p #1? No one has asked him since so no one knows. But there’s a solid argument for either Loma or Crawford to be #1.

3. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    What a humble humble guy. Not trying to blow his own trumpet. In so few fights he is a 2 weight champ with arguably a greater resume but is happy to name others.
    Very humble and a peoples champ possibly #1 P4P peoples champ

The Long Count, MaliBua, BCS8 and 3 others like this.
  4. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    This guy is the breath of fresh air boxing needed after the Mayweather family dragged boxing's name through the mud.

Good on ya Loma, the guy has sportsmanship and class.

5. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    That's kinda hard at this point Sport.

6. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    I agree with the fresh air part. If it was not for Mayweather boxing would be in a cemetery because his name is used to advertise everyone, even the man you just complimented. They were not comparing Loma to anyone else but Floyd Mayweather just for perspective.
    I think Loma will help boost the sport and give it a "marketable" face for a "certain community" with expendable money to spend on fights by picking up where GGG left off.

7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Or maybe he's just being modest. After all, he just beat a guy that was more skilled than Crawford, deep down do you really think he believes that? He knows enough when to flash the ego (in the ring) and when not to, (bragging).

8. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Well, he did state both before and after the fight that the Rigo win wouldn't/doesn't mean all that much because he was small. Maybe he's just being coldly analytical in that case.

As for whom should be rated higher, you can make a reasonable enough argument either way. I was tempted to chime in with a "Both are generally a bit overrated, so why so much bitter debate over which is #1 or #2?", but that would've been churlish of me. Oh, whoops. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Rock0052 likes this.
  9. Rilz

Aug 5, 2007
    It is a compelling argument, and I don't want to spoil this thread with Mayweather talk, I should not have brought it up. I am not in the camp that believes Mayweather had any hand in saving boxing. Other stars would have shined in his place, and likely would have left a better taste in the general publc's mouth. We all have our own opinions though.

With that said, humility is a trait not often seen in boxing, so kudos to Mr. Tek. If this man can learn some crisp english then he is a fortune waiting to happen.

Birmingham and Willie Maeket like this.
  10. BlizzyBlizz

Jun 25, 2013
    Loma lost, so he can't be recognized as the best pfp.

11. BlizzyBlizz

Jun 25, 2013
    Rigo isn't half the fighter Crawford is and he definitely isn't more skilled.

radupidu likes this.
  12. BlizzyBlizz

Jun 25, 2013
    Now look whos dragging boxings name through the mud. A guy who lost to a guy who fought him dirty and came in over weight and his fans are crying foul and calling him pfp best, lmao. Lets see if Bud cries foul when Horn fights him dirty.

13. Rilz

Aug 5, 2007
    Please rephrase. I can't respond to that.

stiflers mum likes this.
  14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Just because Lomachenko is more skilled than Rigondeaux, doesn't mean, poof! Rigo is now magically skill less, from a technical standpoint, Rigodeaux is far more skilled than Crawford, and far harder to hit clean, while Bud is the more versatile of the two, I doubt you'd ever see Rigo outboxed for 4 rounds by Thomas Dulorme or Gamboa.

The Long Count, BCS8, pincai and 3 others like this.
  15. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    We can't say because he loss that he can't be P4P. That ideology is why guys like Broner loss their confidence after 1 loss, instead of improving like fighters in the past did after a loss, like Roberto Duran. He can be P4P but he is in competition with guys who have achieved more. P4P is opinion based anyway there is no award for it, if so then they owe Ward for beating Kovalev.

PaddyGarcia, pincai, radupidu and 2 others like this.