Lomachenko should work on his aggression

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jul 22, 2021.

1. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    STFU casual

2. Quina74

Quina74 Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    I'm gonna have to repeat myself again.. I've watched this segment several times.. Slow mo.. Normal speed.. There is minimal evidence that the right hook does anything but hit mostly if not all gloves and scuff past the ear. No amount of waffling from you changes that. The video shows MINIMAL evidence of anything landing...1. Inside glove slap 2.lands mostly if not all on gloves knicking the ear and 3. You're an idiot

Im stopping here because you're trying to make this out as to something it's not and give credit to **** like that.. Youre an utter dishonest moron who shouldn't even bother scoring rounds because you have poor perception

3. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Cool? You have to figt like that except he overdid it v Lopez, aggression doesn`t win fights without fundamentals, Duran was the master at it as was Pryor, I just don`t think Loma can fight like those fighters, he has to go to the body more v Lopez, Loma took a lot of shots to the body v Lopez which was key and neither fighter got hit that much to the head until late in the fight.

4. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Loma is more skilled than most other fighters in the pro game but showed flaws in his last fight and v Lopez, why are you mentioning the amateurs? You think most pros fight better than Loma?

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Tell Floyd Mayweather that, he was far less agressive than Loma is.

Zhuge Liang likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    So aggression is a major part of pro boxing. I guess Loma just isnt good enough to be aggressive. Is that what you're saying.

7. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    All of those nicknames are terrible.
    Someone ban this man ASAP!

Boon likes this.
  8. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    The evidence is right there, it connects on the side of his face in addition to the glove. You're still trying to have the evidence fit your narrative. It clearly tagged him the first angle and went past his gloves in both. Lomachenko lost that round. Lopez landed more shots. Lomachenko lost. Get over it. Quit coping. I saw how you made a thread making excuses for Lomachenko right after he lost to Lopez. It was ridiculous

9. bandeedo

bandeedo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    no he wasnt. show me one fight floyd connected fewer punches in 6 rounds than loma did vs lopez. show me what you see that i dont.

10. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    If he hasn't improved after what, 400 fights why do you expect to change something that's not broken, just not quite ATG like how fangirls claim?

11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Lomachenko is a highly effective pressure fighter. One of the most technically skilled and athletically gifted I've seen in his weight class. Since his loss to Lopez, he's become underrated. It's a combination of excuse making and that classic of refusing to give anm fighter they dislike credit, in a "oh, well he was never any good anyway" kind of way.

His fights above 126 have normally been vs bigger guys, and so we've seen him pressure adeptly in almost all of them. In fact, his late round surges vs Campbell, Pedraza, Linares, Russell, etc; are where he looks at his best. In the fight with Salido, when he turned things up at the end, he was levels better than Saldio. He was giving him a severe thrashing. In fact, the only times where Siri looked genuinely out of his depth, were when Loma was going all out on offense.

And his fight with Lopez looks extremely different if Loma's shoulder isn't hurt. Look at his movement and defence in those early rounds. It's all there and it's all fantastic, the problem was that he wasn't throwing enough. What do you throw to score points while boxing like that? Oh, a jab. Lomachenko's jab being compromised meant that Teofimo could 'take over' with his, and set up his body shots. I'm not saying the injury led to the loss, because throwing constant jabs would've given Teo openings which would lead to different exchanges and a different fight. And had he chosen to fight how he did in the second half, Teofimo would've been more likely to time with the same game-c anging cross-counter which he KOed Commey with. But once Lomachenko started picking up the pace, getting inside and being aggressive, he started winning rounds.

So what's important to note with both of these losses, and looking at how Lomachenko has dealt with all of his other opponents, is that he is at his best as a pressure fighter. It's who he is. He's highly adaptable, has short arms, is naturally an aggressively minded fighter and knows that he's at his best pressuring, and that he's there to both entertain and to win.

What Lomachenko needs to stick with doing, is taking away his opponent's best attributes while he's figuring them out. I don't have a problem with taking a couple rounds to learn who he's in with, especially when it's worked to such effectiveness in the past. But for me, it seems he focusses on figuring them out, then taking away their goods. If he did both at the same time - taking more risks, I know - then he'd have more time to start picking things up at a pace he's comfortable with. Picture him working his man over as early as the forth, like he did to Crolla, then think about him picking that pace up with each round - like we've seen him do so often. He'd end up as a much better spectacle, maybe not a better strategist in diggs with the likes of Lopez, Tank and Garcia due to their power, but somebody like Haney would be absolutely shredded by this sort of thing.

Zhuge Liang and SpeedKills like this.
  12. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    i noticed live Teofoma wasnt landing **** but i atually gave him the fight(barely) because of his aggressiveness in the first 6. Having said that if loma would have just thrown a few air punches in the first 6 he would have won.