Lomachenko v Lopez

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Oct 17, 2020.

1. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Apparently he was being told to pull out but refused. I hate reading about this kind of thing after a fight and to be honest I doubt many fighters are truly 100% going into a fight but you only tend to hear about it afterwards if they lose or perform badly. I take back all my defence of Joshua after Ruiz 1, I got sucked into believing that there was something not right with Joshua, the only thing that wasn't right with him was that he wasn't as good as he or others thought.

Suspect.chin and Staminakills like this.
  2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Remember David Haye and toegate ?? This is the same thing, a sore loser attempting to save face and discredit his conqueror. Shoulderchenko.

3. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Smells like BS......

Fact is Loma is out of love with the sport...And its not a sport you can be half hearted ,even someone as good as him has to be 100% committed at this level...There are plenty of stories of Loma wanting to retire asap to hunt and fish....

Will be a shame if he goes out with a 14-2 record although he has achieved more than most in that time

4. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    NO SH!T
    Wtf

nurological and Noel857 like this.
  5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    In fairness, Loma didn't bring it up his manager did.

6. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    So many excuses ffs the better man won and if lomachenko doesn’t like that then he should have pulled out.

7. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Agree, let’s hope he was being sarcastic. Davis could barely stop a completely shot Gamboa who also had a broken ankle During the fight.

8. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    He’s a complete idiot and hasn’t beaten anyone.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  9. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Not a surprise, his shoulder has been screwed since the Linares fight surgery or no surgery, but he should have pulled out then. We are in a pandemic, the fight could have easily be rescheduled for 10 weeks later. No gate sales to lose.

crixus85 likes this.
  10. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    In Joshuas defence he was medically unfit for the first Ruiz fight, it was leaked by multiple clinical sources that he was formally diagnosed going into that fight as having NO Brain, NO Chin and NO Heart.
    Which clearly affected his performance.

Hotep Kemba, EJC83 and Suspect.chin like this.