Lomachenko vs Lopez 2 : The Take Back

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by split_decision, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, I had saw this this fight at 1/2 and 1/4 speed twice in each from these variants.
    I had scored this as 115-113 for Lopez with 3 very close rounds in this fight.
    If Ward had scored this as a draw, I too do not have problems with this.

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I believe the crown for most egotistical goes to Loma. It's his ego that got him those 2 loses.

tinman likes this.
  3. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Dear God, you value boxer from number of fights he had lost?
    Sorry, you might be disappointed but I value Moore legacy wise higher than Loma despite he had more lost fights than Loma and other top boxers.

So if number of lost fights means all about boxers h2h ability, please place Lopez vs Chisora and we will see who is better here for real life and how size does not matters at all. LOL.
    Not alone that bunch with HOF murica boxers had more lost fights than bunch with modern gatekeepers.

Jackman65 and iii like this.
  4. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I hear you, you ain't wrong at all.

I understand Lopez is elite and think he's the second best in the division , and probably easily defeats Tank, Garcia, Haney.

But I can't help but think if Loma can clip 5 or six rounds of him with a torn labrum, this might not be all that competitive a second time around. A torn should is the reason he didn't let his hands fly for the first six rounds, he knew his body couldn't sustain it.

People here are saying he couldn't take any of his usual angles on Lopez, well.... if you have a bum shoulder why bother trying to cut offensive angles on a guy if you can't let the punches fly once you get there?? He seemed to find his angles in the second half of the fight once he knew he had to let punches fly.

Jackman65 likes this.
  5. Joeblogh

Joeblogh New Member banned Full Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Bob is an old fool, loma is a great fighter but he got beat up by a kid from Brooklyn.

6. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    It’s also his ego that made him refuse a rematch clause in the first place. I like his style, footwork is amazing, reminds me of Orlando Canizales, but when I learned about the rematch clause I had to laugh at that. Serves him right that Lopez made him practically beg for it.

Braindamage likes this.
  7. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Fantastic fighter. No doubt. But moving forward to fight a guy like Lopez with one arm? Ego! Fighting to Salido's strength, trying to prove that Salido's size didn't matter? Ego! Not ensuring you have a rematch clause, just in case things don't go according to plan? Ego! Think about what could happen in a fight. Hurt hand, bad cut, that cuases the fight to be stopped in the 5th. Or plain, flat out terrible judging.

roughdiamond, tinman and Bustajay like this.
  8. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Loma took a pay cut to secure the fight for Teo. REMEMBER that!

Jackman65 and split_decision like this.
  9. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    And? Lopez isn’t just a nobody. It’s not like he was carrying the fight on his name alone. Let’s clap it up for Loma for wanting the fight enough to negotiate what his opponent thought was fair. He still refused a rematch clause due to ego, and then begged for a rematch due to ego.

MarkusFlorez99 and Willie Maeket like this.
  10. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    When is Loma gonna rematch Siri?
    None of these fans of his on this site and others ever bring that up.

11. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Arum set that up. You act like he fought Floyd Mayweather for the belt. He was literally given a supposed " over the hill" fighter his second fight and got exposed. He had dodged pressure fighters up until Lopez and loss again.
    Lomochenko weakness is pressure.
    Plus he won that belt by MD on a PBC card for all those who think Haymon robs fighters. He should have just paid for it to be in GRJ favor anyway.

12. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    Glad to see this moving in the right direction, loma is coming to kill or be killed.

13. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Man, Loma lost because his strategy was to play it safe for 6 rounds and then knock him out, he expected Lopez to be more aggressive and to gas out and Loma would then ahve been able to go in for a kill. The only adapting Loma needs to do is to fight Lopez from round 1 instead of rd 7.

14. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    So, if you think that GRJ was better than Loma, then why GRJ is sitting at 126 lbs with WBC belt and milking this belt 6 years in row?
    Why he did not had fought to unify belts at 126 lbs, did not had moved to 130 lbs?

Okey, how long he might lasted vs Linares and Campbell, Pedraza?

For resaon GRJ is sitting at 126 lbs and milking:p his single :p126 lbs WBC belt. 6 years in row!
    This is what this is here.

Okey, Loma did not had beated Salido, therefore for you he is bad boxer.

Normally go to the hell, GRJ definitely is better boxer than Loma for 1 belt milking at 126 lbs during 6 years in row and Loma is guilty for this for sure too.

Willie Maeket and Jackman65 like this.
  15. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Siri aze walking around looking like Maidana now son.
    I love the old dirty Siri and he gave Loma a great “welcome to the pro games “ fight with his Dirty style.

roughdiamond and Willie Maeket like this.