Lomachenko won't get any credit after defeating Lopez

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TEAM_LOMA, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Hasn't got the same marque value, but I see this fight as similar to the Floyd-Canelo fight.

A P4P elite guy against a bigger, much younger champion who has looked very impressive.

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  2. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Pac is too big for Loma. Dont give me no bs about height and reach its about weight and strength. Loma is a small 135lber never mind going up to 140 against a power house WW like Manny. You are absolutely correct, Manny obliterates Loma. Too strong.

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  3. RingKing75

Dec 23, 2013
    Whovever wins gets credit from me. I give credit already to Lopez for stepping up at a young age and daring to be great.

TEAM_LOMA and Dance84 like this.
  4. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Lomachenko is taller than Pac. Pac is smaller on fight night than Linares and Campbell and only 2-3 pounders heavier than Gervonta Davis. Size is not the issue.

Boon likes this.
  5. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    my bad you are not a biased loma fanboy like some others i run across here

but yes i will give loma full credit for beating teo

there is a difference between being in you're early 20 's and a prospect level and being in your early 20's and at a championship level

teo is in the championship level his KO over commey solidified that .

i rate loma highly once in a generation fighter this fight is the best one of the year

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  6. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017

i know right this is the best fight of the year in my opinion

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  7. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Haters gonna hate.

I don't care what you guys think, if Loma beats Lopez to further unify the division its another seal on his greatness.

Jackman65, TEAM_LOMA and Dance84 like this.
  8. RingKing75

Dec 23, 2013
    BS

Jackman65 likes this.
  9. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Linares and Campbell are both 150+ on fight night. Davis was 146.6 in his last fight. Bogere was 152 as was Fortuna.

Thurman, Rios, Beltran, and Mikey all said Pac is basically a lightweight. Pac won't be heavier than 150 on fight night.

10. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I don't think Lopez is a one punch knockout artist. He has power but i think he's more of an accumulative type puncher. Loma should win.

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  11. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Loma's chin is questionable especially in a fight like this

12. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013

I think it'll come down to Ring IQ and stamina. Lopez has fought 80 rounds as a pro in contrast to Loma who's fought 131 rounds albeit with a lower KO rate.

I think the question is how both guys will adapt and what pace will be set early on in the fight. If i was Lopez i'd try to make it an ugly dogfight and apply effective pressure and keep that effective pressure throughout the fight.

I think that's what the other fighters have failed to do with Lomachenko is not keep an intense pace over the distance. I think Lopez might be capable but the lack of rounds in the pros puts a question mark over it for me.

Holler likes this.
  13. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    Agree ,ever since the linares fight critics have been calling for loma to face a fighter with punching power .

Well this is it. If loma survives teos shots. There is no questioning his chin even further

Serge likes this.
  14. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    They learned that from the Mayweather haters. So predictable!

Jackman65 likes this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He was set to fight the big punching and way bigger Commey in a unification match up after the Linares fight and that was his first fight back after shoulder surgery too.

And Campbell might not hit as hard as Teo but he's a big puncher too. Big enough to have dropped Teo in sparring and many fighters who've shared a ring with him, either in a real fight or sparring, or who have seen him up close in the gym have praised his power.

An old post of mine

Dance84 likes this.