Lomachenko won't get any credit after defeating Lopez

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TEAM_LOMA, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :facepalm:

Jackman65 and aaalbert like this.
  2. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Lopez is a good fighter so why not give props to whoever beats him????:hsughwiggle:

RingKing75 and Dance84 like this.
  3. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    A 150lb MP is physically stronger than a 150lb Linares or Campbell. I dont know how this is not obvious. MP was ttaking clean shots from KT and walking through them what do you think he would do to a 135lb Lomas shots?

roughdiamond, Jackman65 and Bustajay like this.
  4. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Doesn't matter. It's all about the fight night weight. If Pac is smaller than most lightweights on fight night, he isn't too big for Lomachenko. And Pac isn't physically strong.

5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    He'll get some, but honestly won't deserve a crazy amount. They may have the same # of pro fights, but López is only just recently taking on a level of competition that Lomachenko had acclimated to pretty much directly after his debut. Not to mention, when you factor in the amateurs (where Lomachenko's record laps that of López twice over), you have double the quantity of experience in Loma's corner, with a ton more quality to boot.

This is Lomachenko's fight to lose. Obviously it will be far more creditable a scalp if López springs the upset than if Loma tames a vastly less skilled (if physically larger) puncher as expected.

Jackman65 and TEAM_LOMA like this.
  6. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Lomachenko will definitely get credit if he wins. Lopez blasting out Commey in that manner was impressive, and proves that Lopez is a top level 135 pounder. He's athletic, has some talent, and his bigger than Lomachenko also. So why wouldn't Loma get credit. This isn't an instance of a smaller man moving up to face him, or him fighting a scrub. This is a legit top level match up.

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Why do I need to keep reminding people to keep a cool head about that last win for Teo, and that Commey ain't shit? :thinking:

8. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I don’t understand threads like this.
    1. No one who’s opinion really matters really cares about this imaginary credit that may or may not be given.
    2. People who are inclined not to give said credit to some fighters, no matter what happens, simply won’t do so. Boxing fans generally are very low on the scale of agreeableness so the OP statement is 99% correct every time anyone fights.

So what’s the point?

PolicemanPrawn likes this.
  9. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Agreed, that's why I mentioned that it's kind of a lose-lose situation for Loma despite the unification opportunity. Lopez has all to gain while Loma has all to lose.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  10. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    This is a dangerous fight for Loma. One mistake and it could be all over. Smart boxing is Loma’s game and I expect him to respect Teos power and to give him a boxing lesson, tire him out with constant pressure and angles, and to finish him in the later rounds.

The Manny talk is ridiculous. Manny is shorter but is much bigger. If Manny could make 135, Loma would fight him. Manny didn’t look small against KT, a true WW, and Loma looked like a dwarf against Linares and Campbell, both LWs. Of course if Loma drags Manny down to 135, he will be accused of draining him.

Also, the guys complaining about Loma dragging smaller Rigo up to 130 conveniently forget to include the fact that Loma agreed to a rehydration clause for the fight. If Manny and Loma fight at the same weight, within 8 lbs or so, I think it would be a very competitive fight. I like both guys and hope the fight doesn’t happen but if it did, I would like to see a battle of skill, not a test of who can cheat the scale more effectively.

Loma has a tiny frame and is done growing. Maybe if Manny shares some of the special vitamins that helped him pack on so much muscle over the years it would be a different story. It doesn’t appear that Manny is willing to share the keys to his medicine cabinet.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    TEAM_LOMA, Dance84 and Zhuge Liang like this.
  11. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

Man lukes power is underated . lomas chin has been tested before then.

Seriously underated

Jackman65 and Serge like this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Exactly, which is why Loma should be credited, if anything, for even taking a fight like this (more so than if he does what he's going to be heavily favored at the bookies to do and boxes circles around Teo)

Jackman65 likes this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Having the face of a 12 y/o boy doesn't help in that regard lol.

Loma has fought plenty of punchers

Walters (KO 75%)
    Campbell (KO 69%)

And although they might not have the highest KO% all these guys can punch too

Rigo
    Linares
    GRJ
    Jason Sosa

And we have three of the fastest handed guys in the entire sport in GRJ, Linares, and Rigo there, like arguably all top 5.

Rigo was undersized at 130 but he can still punch like a mule and Loma is undersized at 135 and he was often giving away weight and reach even when he was down at 126 and 130.

This content is protected

And Marriaga (KO 78%) is a big puncher too

And now Loma is facing the biggest puncher at 135 and one of the most explosive in the sport, a fighter who is way bigger than him weight wise and who is also fast, athletic and skilful.

14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I've said before I have a feeling this will be a little like Mayweather Vs Canelo.

I'm not saying Loma is Mayweather or on that level and I'm not saying Lopez will go on to have a career like Canelo.

What I mean is, there will be a seasoned, experienced, very skilled world champion against a younger, talented solid fighter.

I just think Loma will edge him in every department and get a decision, Lopez will look limited in many ways, probably get frustrated but ultimately he will learn, will move on and have a very good career afterwards.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I see nobody wants to address this. Is everybody really that embarrassed about the collective delusion that caused the whole boxing world except me to drastically overrate the bejeezus outta RC for no reason, that you all can't even acknowledge this mass psychogenic illness after it has subsided? Just a big, synchronized "let's-all-ostrich-up-and-stick-our-heads-in-the-sand" cognitive dissonance party?

He was always pretty one-dimensional, and heavy-handed but not a murderous hitter ...just sitting there waiting to be schooled or KTFO by a world class boxer or puncher, respectively. I was pretty consistent in cautioning that while he was getting hyped to Webb crater and back. :nusenuse:

And on what basis did everyone get carried away? Holding both Easter (himself a runaway-train hype-job IMO) and past-prime Djingis Khan to split decisions, in losses? Cool. Who did he actually beat, though? Baha Mammajamma? Isa Chaniev? Ancient shot to bits Gary Buckland (whom Commey didn't even manage to stop) and Ray Beltrán? Ehhh.....

Next time maybe heed when I say "what y'all think you're seeing, ain't there :nono:".

Zhuge Liang likes this.