Look even in bangkok they know khan's got a china chin!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by box-now, Feb 7, 2008.

1. maka

maka Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2006
    the mans totally correct in both his points.........khan has been put on a pedestal by the english press and all the nuthuggers at itv are goin along with it too, this guys an outsider lookin in as well so that tells a story on its own.

and his point bout the hatton fans booing the american national anthem......i personally think thats why the ref gave him a hard time........thinkin to himself "i'll show those ****s".

but i would like to think they would know better to do such things at a minutes silence for such a tragedy as the munich crash........but worse things have happened!!!!!!!

2. madpup

madpup Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Yep, an outsider with a very Thai name of Julian Turner.

3. box-now

box-now Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    english or not, alot of good points are made.

4. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    The writer is [SIZE=-1]JULIAN TURNER, [/SIZE]so hes probably English.
    Komjathi, Earl, Lawton and a few others were legit lighweight. Besides prospects always fight guys a weight below their division. Look at Cotto, as a prospect he beat up on small men so its not a big deal. Isnt that what Berto, Chavez Jr., Peterson are doing?

5. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    16 fights for **** sake!

6. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Maybe thats his western Alias - like Bruce Lee.

7. kurt2006

kurt2006 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    He can have 200 fights but his chin will never change.

8. Makaaveli

Makaaveli New Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Shows how much you know. He hasn't been entirely put to the test with a fighter who can hit back, so there's no way in telling.

Also, he's likely to fight for the european title, this opponent will surely test khan on every level.

9. kurt2006

Mar 5, 2006
    Shows how much you know. Limmond who is not even known for his punching put him in cloud cuckoo land yet you expect him to fare better against someone who does have a real punch ? Testing his chin against boxers who hit harder than Limmond is not exactly going to give him a granite chin.

Real world champs at LW will destroy him. The likes of Katsidis, any of the Diaz's and Freitas would beat him within 6 rounds. Then he can live off his Olympic silver and take part in Celebrity Big Brother and all those Dancing shows.

Face the truth he does not have a chin and next time someone catches him flush he will not get up.

10. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Amyone can be KO'd. All it takes is 6lb of pressure. Khan will be world champ fact

11. kurt2006

Mar 5, 2006
    Please take your 6lb theory to karate school or other places that teach about human pressure points. Everyone knows that some fighters are more gifted at absorbing KO shots. Some fighters have granite chins others like Herbie Hide and Amir Khan are less able to absorb a half decent shot.

Of cause he will be world champion as he is Warrens cash cow so will be carefully protected so he is not exposed again as he was against Limmond.

But if he ever steps up against real world class fighters he will be beaten. It is the Herbie Hide story again (maybe not as Herbie still has great power (p4p) than Khan will ever have).

12. mann187

mann187 WTF is going on? Full Member

May 22, 2007
    Come on give him a break, he`s only had 16 fights and people have been wanting him to lose since his first. Honestly will people be happy when he losses. Yeah it makes sence then we can keep on how we have fringe contenders and how great Henry Cooper was.

13. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    Hmm, I don't know......It could get worse!

14. Napuis

Napuis Straight talkin' mo'fuhha Full Member

May 12, 2007
    Good article.

I hate all this talk of Khan Katsidis.

You think Warren will be dumb enough to put his personal goldmine in the ring with that KO hellbent psycho!?! Especially with a suspect chin - I don't think so.

Khan will be world champ one day, I have no doubts about it. If Gavin Rees can win a world title, Khan certainly can - infact if he can't get in at 135lbs he could always move up a weight and fight that short arse hairy ginger knuckle dragger himself...and get even more hype from ITV, McGuigan and the British press.

If you look at Khan's last three performances after Willie Limond, he has been exceptional. His movement, power, speed, variation of punches. You can't teach a chin but you can teach how to defend one, and he's taken a few batterings to his chin over those 16 televised fights for me to know it's not THAT dodgy. He definitely has enough in his locker to win world titles - he'll just have to avoid hard hitters like Katsidis and at least not fight them at this stage of his career, that much I can advise him.