Looking to get into boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Frostbite, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Frostbite

Frostbite New Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Hey, my name is James. Im 18 years old and Ive always wanted to get into boxing but never did. My parents were always against it and I just never had the oppurtunity. Im not the biggest guy in the world , Im about 5,7 and weigh about 150 pds. By reading Sam Sherdian's book " A Fighter's Heart", it created a real effort to want to get into boxing and I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction and help me out.

2. Krippy

Krippy Thread Killer Full Member

Apr 4, 2006
    http://boxinggyms.com/

3. Dennis

Dennis Gym Rat Full Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Just do it. I always wanted to get into boxing as well, one day I just packed my training gear and went for it. Best decision I ever made. My mom was against it too, but now she knows I'm really serious about it and how much I like it, when I'm having a day off she asks me why I didn't go. Let the world and yourself see how much you really want it. Go for it.

4. Frostbite

Frostbite New Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Yea, I think Im just going to go to one of those gyms that are nearby me and just give it a shot. I really apperciate the advice and I hope I can continue contribute to the forums in someway

5. Dennis

Dennis Gym Rat Full Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Good luck. Keep us up to date.:good

6. RockOn33

RockOn33 Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Dennis had it perfect... just go for it. and stick with it. Theres a chance u wont get to throw a punch for a little while in the gym and u might get real pissed off... its all worth it. for me, i felt like training was a waste of time until my first sparring session, it made everythign seem worth while

7. austyn

austyn Yeah I know Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Go for it mate, "DO WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES" =)