Looks like Joshua vs Andy Ruiz is in the works...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Apr 22, 2019.

1. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    i agree his feet arent fast enough and he gasses. He does have exceptional hands though. It would help if he knuckled down and lost 40 pounds but cant see him beating AJs jab,and he ll get hit at will.

2. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Also Ruiz is a PBC fighter no way will that happen . More chance of Wilder stepping in and forgetting the Breazeale fight or Ortiz taking it . Remember PBC want a no-show and no way are they risking any of their fighters getting in with AJ , my money is on Hunter taking it .

3. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    What a dud fight for a US debut. As robotic and unattractive to watch as Joshua is the only real questions about him are chin and gas tank. Ruiz Jr doesn't offer a threat to either of these.

I see a TKO - I'll be surprised if it is a KO.

Potato80 likes this.
  4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I think hunter and Ruiz are 2 of the best 5 fighters at heavyweight

5. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Ruiz needs to get on Weight Watchers asap!

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Disgusting if true, Mike ''The Bounty'' Hunter is ready, willing and able and he was one of the first to throw his name into the hat and now they're negotiating with Hunter's son Ruiz? Wtf? Serge is not going to let AJ and Hearn get away with their shameless ducking of Hunter, something which Serge told you all was exactly what was going to happen and once again he appears to have been proven right. Serge will personally hound both of those gutless swines AJ and Hearn on social media incessantly until they accept the gauntlet Hunter has thrown down to them.

Potato80 likes this.
  7. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
    i agree way better then hunter

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Then we aren't in agreement. Because I don't see it that way.

KiwiMan likes this.
  9. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'd rather he fight Hunter that's a more competitive fight.

I've never rated Ruiz he's Arreola 2.0. Yeah he has good hands and some nice combo's but if that's all you needed to succeed David Price would be heavyweight world champion.

He's horribly out of shape makes Arreola look like the after photo and Ruiz the before photo from a weight watchers success story. His stamina sucks he's literally a 3-4 round fighter which why he's only stopped 2 guys after the 4th round. His punches lose all their power and snap after a few rounds. He's far too easy to hit Hamer was teeing off on him before he quit. He couldn't even cut off the ring on a green Parker who hadn't yet figured out his style and was still trying to fight like a puncher.

10. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I mean how does a bloke who trains actually get that fat? His skin is f***ing disgusting.

11. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    this is a guy that got schooled by Joseph Parker... and he's going in against AJ?? hmmmmmm ok

Curtis Lowe likes this.
  12. wifly

wifly Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Are you describing Dillian Whyte? Well, if he can get past Rivas he might beat AJ one time out of ten, you know, puncher's chance, he is a good domestic fighter

13. wifly

wifly Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Tbf he gave Parker a close fight

14. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
  15. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    At least Dillian Whyte already beat AJ... you know in the AMS and all that...

So he already overcame your 10 per cent chance odds.

Let's see Hunter overcome his zero per cent odds.

Dillians just keeps on winning.