Looks like Joshua vs Andy Ruiz is in the works...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Does Hunter have hype? I think he looks solid but a little undersized and has still yet to really get any momentum going. He's where Jennings was pre-Wlad IMO.

JediPimp007, Furious and Mitch87 like this.
  2. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I think I'll always see Kownacki as a bit of a punk after this too.

When you're a relative nobody and a big money offer to fight the champ at MSG comes in with the best part of 7 weeks for you to get ready and you say no? **** that ****.

3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Dude the forum has been hyping the hell out of this guy, as a second coming of Jesus, who triumphed over the the giant Antichrist Bakole..

Hunter is terrible at blocking shots, so sloppy it's hilarious... go watch the Bakole fight and tell me I am lying or exaggerating... this guy got tagged a million different ways with his hands down constantly..

Credit for his heart, and durability and toughness... but he ain't on AJ's level, and Bakole is a nobody who Hunter beat with some luck on his side.

And then people on this forum **** on Whyte... who's defense (as of 2018) is echelons higher than Hunter... Whyte knows how to keep his guard up, and duck shots...

Just biased fools, hoping to see AJ fall over. When you are the top, they all wanna see you fall.

4. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah he is a punk, there is no other way around it, and Ortiz is a bigger punk... and alll the Kownacki and Ortiz hypers are punks too.

I don't wanna hear another word about any of these punks...

Clearly as PBC fighters they must be involved in some illuminati Alisteir Crowley triangle with Al Haymon where they signed their soulds away, or bound by contract or w.e.

Sucks to be part of PBC right now.... maybe some military brainwashing going on where they are telling Ortiz/Kownacki that the offer is actually real bad...after tax it only translates to 25 dollars.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  5. wifly

wifly Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    How to **** off Aydamn: just point out how really bad is Dillian Whyte

Aydamn likes this.
  6. Potato80

Potato80 A potato Full Member

May 9, 2017
    I just don't accept that it has to be Hunter or Ruiz. They're both garbage at this stage. Ortiz is the only decent option.

Bottom line: this has been a complete disaster since they ducked Wilder and lowballed Whyte.

7. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I've disagreed with you in the past regarding Whyte and him being deserving of another shot at Joshua, I'd much rather see a rematch vs. Whyte than this.

Aydamn likes this.
  8. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    I don't, but it's better for Hunter to get a bit more seasoning, instead of fighting Joshua, losing, then never getting another title shot. Joshua will pulverize Ruiz. It will be akin to one of Crawford's fights against overmatched opposition.

9. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    When you come to think of it.... Whyte may very well be taking on an opponent in Rivas who is better than AJ's next opponent and DEFINITELY better than Fury's next opponent and all for what?????

No mandatory on the line, just the existing belts and statuses that Whyte currently holds... risking it all.... Rivas has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Whyte is really making leaps and bounds in terms of his attitude to the sport as compared to other rivals.

northpaw and Tazz like this.
  10. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Depends who the opponent is, Hunter obviously a better fighter than Rivas. Rivas I would say at least on par with Ruiz. I would say Rivas is better opponent than Kownacki, Charr and Bryan.

Credit to both Whyte amd AJ,, they wasnt to fight the best available and aren't like their rivals who have a tendency of making easy cherry picked fights.

Aydamn likes this.
  11. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Well I have my own opinions on the Whyte/ AJ dilemma... but Whyte has been taking optional, difficult challenges that don't improve his ranking... like Parker and Rivas, and the Chisora rematch.

That really deserves credit man... true definition of a fighting man.

12. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Still ducking Ortiz, Pulev and Joshua rematch though.

13. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Ortiz and Pulev probably on PEDs anyway

14. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I want to see a big muscular guy pummel a short overweight one where the casual viewers are saying what was all that about , and how did that guy get in the ring.:firedevil:

No matter who it is people are going to be unhappy so why not get a sacrificial fight, it's like throwing a unarmed man in a out with a hungry lion , Ruiz own limits and style is going to make this look like a comedy spoof. Why not ? :headbash

Ruiz will be better and/or more prepared for this bc he's active but nothing he does can get him a win here , Hunter a more problematic fight but neither Hunter, Ruiz or Guys outside top 5 pose much threat so why complain , might as well be guaranteed a K.O ? :thinking:

15. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hearn just needs to call this off. What a **** show.

Hearn had no Plan B if anything happened with Miller. Hearn has two excellent heavyweights in Whyte and Usyk. He won't put either anywhere near a title fight with Joshua.

The WBA, IBF and WBO - whose belts Joshua has - have ratings that are jokes.

The top guys are Charr, Oquendo, Schwarz (who's fighting Fury).

Don King offered them the untested Trevor Bryan, who is from New York, is rated #1 by the WBA, has a WBA interim belt and is undefeated. Hearn said no.

This was supposed to be the fight that introduced Joshua to the U.S. All it's done is show how little Hearn's Mathroom promotion has actually invested in the heavyweight division.

They have a great heavyweight in Joshua. They signed a couple guys - in Whyte and Usyk - who could give Joshua a fight, but they seem to have signed them just to keep them away from Joshua (like they did when they signed Ortiz years ago before releasing him).

Hearn could've put either Usyk or Whyte in with Joshua on June 1st in Madison Square Garden and every boxing fan would've praised him. But Hearn never had any intention of doing that.

Now he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Hearn would be better off just calling off the show (I'm sure Callum Smith could fight TBA somewhere else) ... and try again in Europe later in the summer.

Matchroom is clearly NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

Smudge_ likes this.