Looks like Spence vs Porter is next...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Praise to both guys if it happens.

Expecting Porter to unify when he'd only just got his hands on a belt was asking a bit much.

Now that he's had a chance to successfully defend it, unification is the logical next step.

How about Crawford & Thurman do the honorable thing as well?

Let's make welterweight a garden gnome-free zone.

bandeedo likes this.
  2. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Spence all the way Porter is the weak link

3. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    A mini tournament going on there. Depends how haymon sees Thurman-Pac plays out. I imagine his line of thinking is:

Pac beats Thurman, Spence beats porter, it sets up a mega million+ buys showdown between Spence and Pac. Gives Pac more credibility if he beats Thurman and Spence even more clouts if he beats porter.

He obviously expects Spence to beat Pac and so it’s the passing of the torch.

If Thurman beats Pac then it sets up a mega showdown between Thurman and Spence. So either way he wins.

If he sets up Pac and Spence now, he either loses his current cash cow or loses his future cash cow now.

elmaldito likes this.
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    sounds logical. its also the most money he will probably be able to squeeze out of thurman at this point.

5. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I think spence stops shawn

6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    possibly. shawn has a very fast first step, i dont think spence can catch him coming in for a ko shot. i think he will have to chop him down. shawn will look like a sucker for the straight left, porter isnt good on the outside and spence has deceptive range. either porter goes into very defensive mode, where hes tough enough to survive, or sr throws in the towel.

7. Savagekat

Savagekat TEAM USYK. I AM VERY FEEL! Full Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Shawn will have no respect for Spence's power, which is a double edged sword. It will give him an early chance, but preclude him of a chance of winning when Spence gets to him down the stretch.