Lopez vs Haney

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016

For the actual undisputed championship.

2. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    This is great news. Good to see these young guys fighting each other. BUT, I was under the impression that following Kambosos if Lopez won he would give Loma the rematch.

3. WhataRock

WhataRock Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Looks Loma is on the sidelines.

Wonder if Uncle Bob will go for it though.

Oneirokritis and Serge like this.
  4. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    It was never going to happen. Lopez Sr. talking out of his behind as usual.
    The plan is fight Haney, remove all doubts about who is undisputed then move to 140.

Oneirokritis, Bokaj and Serge like this.
  5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Clearly ducking the rematch against Loma, he knows what will happen to him when a healthy Loma who comes out of the gates with mean intentions show up.

He's also putting more roadblocks in the way of the Haney fight by saying it has to be at 140 now.

6. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    If Hearn pulls this and Andrade/Charlo off, he’ll become my least disliked promoter.

Salty Dog and sasto like this.
  7. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    This will be a great development to proceedings with the long awaited start to the "Four Kings" showdowns possibly coming.

8. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    That' the fight that should be made at 135. Great!

Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    All Loma had to do was put the rematch clause in the contract. He had zero plans of giving Lopez a rematch if he had won. Now Lopez is supposed to give Loma a rematch? Loma's in Lopez's rearview like an old lady trying to run after the bus. LOL. Loma and his team need to get negotiation lessons from the BOOOOOOOMB SQUAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!

DaRealJT and MadProf like this.
  10. Bokaj

Jan 4, 2008
    Lopez clearly beat Loma, had him in trouble at the final bell and it could have been more than that if the ref didn't make that weird intervention, so Haney is the fight at 135, but to have it at 140? If Lopez wants to move to 140, he should fight one of the top guys there, Taylor if possible.

11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Lopez, in case you didn't notice, had been extremely disrespectful towards Loma and his father for a long time before they fought because, um.. they're trashy people and that's what they do (and I'm not just talking a bit of your regular pre-fight trash talk here), all without any provocation from Loma's side, who in case you also didn't notice isn't a trash talker and is a pretty respectful guy who doesn't disrespect his opponents. I'm sure the way Lopez and his trash POS father conducted themselves beforehand didn't have anything to do with it at all. :facepalm:

Don't expect someone to kiss you after you've just slapped them in the face :facepalm:

12. sasto

sasto Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Cool fight but I don't like all the talk about it before Kambosos/Diaz.

I hate to think less of someone for fighting a decent opponent, but I was a lot more hyped for this matchup before I saw what one solidly landed punch from a gassed and beat up Linares did to Haney.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  13. Salty Dog

Salty Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I'll believe it when I see it and even so, doesn't get Lopez off the hook with Lomachenko imo. Every day that passes gives credence to the theory that Lopez lacks confidence in his victory. Loma is aging and there is a window closing. At some point soon, some fans will conclude that Lopez got lucky and knows it even if he grants and wins a rematch.

It'll be one of those things that always get brought up when dude's name/accomplishments are mentioned. He should put on the brakes, rematch Lomachenko and then continue forward.

vast likes this.
  14. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Lomachenko was not in any trouble. No idea what you were watching.
    KingRy has left the chat.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    vast likes this.
  15. Bokaj

Jan 4, 2008
    "Know" idea how to spell.

He was clearly in trouble in the final half minute. End of.