Lopez vs Kambosos score.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JSpizz, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    114-113 Kambosis.Watched the fight this morning not knowing the result and with commentary turned off

2. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    115 - 111 Kambosos

3. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Just watched it without knowing the winner and I edged it to Kambosos.

Lopez let Kambosos off after he knocked him down in the 10th.

Ridiculous 11th round from Lopez. He took the round off and let Kambosos easily recover.

Great fight and Kambosos is a great champion as this guy won't look to avoid anyone. He will fight whoever they put in front of him.

Kambosos vs Haney is a good fight. I think Haney has the better skills than Lopez and won't be caught with right hands like Lopez was.

4. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    114-114

The 1st round is really 10-9 but scored it 10-8 as that's how the judges would score it. If I scored it 10-9 I would have had had Teofimo edging it 114-113

pacas likes this.
  5. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    First rd should have been 10-8 Kambosos. Lopez landed little just throwing bombs and missing wildly.

pacas and JSpizz like this.
  6. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck King Richard IV Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    115-111 for Kambosos

Best fight I've seen in a while, probably should be Fight of the Year

JSpizz likes this.
  7. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Nearly all boxing pundits had it for Kambosos by a few rounds. He contolled the middle rds in a big way.

JSpizz and Noel857 like this.
  8. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    The only way you could get a 10-9 for the opponent, when you suffer a KD, is by dominating that round, and i'm sorry but in a no mean Lopez was dominating the first round. Kambosos landed a lot of counter punches.
    The judges that scored the first round 10-9 are a disgrace and shows everything that is wrong with boxing. Obviously a paid off judges.
    Same as giving that fraud Lopez the 12, which was a clear Kambosos round.

vast and JDub like this.
  9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    115-111 is what I had it and something around that score seems to be quite popular here, what it absolutely wasn't scored was 114-113 Lopez. That was pitiful , but expected from one card at least.

10. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Same, watched it again earlier and yeah, he wasn’t dominating the round at all as I thought when watching live. Was a clear 10-8 for Kambosos.

I was probably influenced by the crowd.

11. divac

divac Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    If in my view ir Lopez was winning the first round close and the knockdown happens, then the knockdown supercedes the round being close and tilts the round to Kambosos, plus I deduct the point for the knockdown making it 10-8.

However, I did'nt view the round as being close, I thought Lopez was clearly winning the round that when the knockdown occured, the knockdown itself draws the round even, and then I take a point away for the knockdown which results in a 10-9 round for Kambosos.

If Lopez had been dominating the round completely to say the point he was hurting Kambosos with his shots, then I have to weigh whether a flash knockdown that did'nt seem to hurt Lopez supercedes the domination that Lopez had over Kambosos, which imo likely would not and in which case my mindset is thinking Lopez won that round even while being knockdown, in which case I would have scored the round even
    10-10.

Rarely in boxing does a flash knockdown occur over the fighter that was completely dominating in a round and since boxing commisions are beyond stupid, they dont even address those issues with their judges.

12. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Thats not how it works. Unless you totally dominate the round, it's a 10-8 round.
    Joshua score a KD against Klitschko in the 5 i think, and then Klitschko comeback and dominate Joshua in that round, yet that was still a 10-8 round for Joshua on everyone scorecards.
    Knockdown pretty much beats everything, and that wasn't a flash one.
    And again Lopez wasn't dominating that round. Kambosos landed heavy counter punches before that. Lopez was also swinging like a complete idiot and misses tons of shots.
    JDub explained it perfectly:
    "With the KD, that swings the round In Kambosos favour with him winning the round and the KD taking another point."

There is a zero case for 10-9 round in the 1st.

You got to be a complete bias to score it that way. And you obviously are, scoring the fight for Lopez, who clearly lost. You also score the 12 for Lopez, which is beyond ridiculous.

13. divac

divac Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Two out of the 3 judges had the first round 10-9, and 2 out of the 3 judges scored the 12th for Lopez so your assertions that my scores are ridiculous dont hold water.

14. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    114-112 kambososs

15. drenlou

drenlou "Survey Says, 1 More For The Good Guys!" Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I corrected my previous score. I added wrong, i originally had it 115-112 For kambosos, having scored the first round 10-9 for the Aussie.