Lopez vs Prograis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GBoxingFeed, Jan 17, 2021.

Lopez vs Prograis @140

1. Lopez Points

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Prograis Points

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Lopez KO

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Prograis KO

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GBoxingFeed

GBoxingFeed Active Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Just making hypothetical match up polls out of boredom...

Who wins if this were to happen now/next - let’s say at 140? Prograis final fight at the weight, Lopez’s debut at the weight.

2. panchman69

panchman69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    i think lopez upsets the rugaru.

3. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    I think Prograis wins, if he learns from his mistakes in the Taylor fight, where I think he played into Taylor's strengths too often.

I also think folks might read a bit too much into how good Lopez is based on how poor Loma was in their fight, whether that was ligetimately the shoulder, or just the size difference, Lopez would have to work MUCH harder for the first 6 rounds againts Regis. If Loma can back Lopez up (when he actually started throwing), the Rougarou can do much worse IMO

TipNom, GBoxingFeed and KO KIDD like this.
  4. GBoxingFeed

GBoxingFeed Active Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Thanks for the opinions.

personally, I went for Prograis due to the size advantage and overall IQ (which is on a par with Lopez, so could only really separate them by physical advantages really).

I think it would be a good fight though - they both like to box and brawl, and are both heavy handed technicians with lots of confidence and pride. Think it would get very violent at times.

5. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Good thread, I've thought a lot about this one.

Think it is a razor close fight but the decision goes to Lopez as the bigger draw.