Lucas Browne is coming in very big..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vykus, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    This. He done well in his boxing career considering where he come from(mma), but his opponents were well past it in Chagaev and definitely Toney. Toney would've gave him a bad beating years earlier

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  2. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    To be honest, you quoted me twice, one time with a right prediction and the other one being the wrong prediction :D

Anyhow, unfortunately there was no option to bet on a cut on Brownes face. The guy has an unreal paper skin...

lloydturnip likes this.
  3. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    I admit it.

Browne is terrible. Whyte levels above him, it wasnt fitness or age, just levels.

lloydturnip likes this.
  4. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    BS Dilldo Whyte isn't all that trust me. Browne was fat and inactive so don't make it look like it's some super win. Dilldo is a scumbag the way jumped around the ring after the knock out. Total disrespect i wonder if he has the guts to disrespect people in the peacock like that ? No because he knows they would blow his head off with a sawn-off. I bet deep down they wished they never starting working with dilldo.

5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I'm still surprised how woeful Browne was, okay he was fat old and inactive but low energy Helenius easily went 12 with Whyte and shook him early. Browne really should retire on that loss.

lloydturnip likes this.
  6. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Helenius was being incredibly negative and has mastered the art of travelling and getting beaten up for paychecks at this point.

7. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Oh I’m not saying Whyte is all that, just that Browne is terrible!

Fave Allen for example handily beats Browne just on activity IMO. Browne is that bad.

Whyte would get utterly destroyed of AJ and Wilder IMO.

8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015

And breath....

CST80 likes this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Meh.:babeando: I'll believe it when I see it.

10. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Usyk and Gassiev will eke out decent careers (hopefully better than forebears Haye or Adamek, who chose to forgo surefire ATG status at cruiser for a paper chase up north...although in both of their cases it wasn't a matter of no longer being able to make 200lb comfortably as is reportedly true of Usyk and Gassiev) but they're going to miss out I think on being a part of a bull market at CW, while heavy remains bearish until after they've retired.

CST80 likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yes, some of you were caught (or at least certain quotes of yours were) in the wide net that I cast even though not all of you in the multi-quote appeared to be guilty of touting a Joshua-hating agenda. The point is there was a snowballing narrative built up before the fight, where even some good, level-headed posters without agendas began to buy into some pretty dumb ideas. Doesn't matter to me if someone picked Whyte to win, if they said a dumb thing before the fight (such as "Browne has more proven 1-punch KO power than Whyte"), I'm going to include that in that multi-quote.

It was a hype machine that went off the rails, mostly fueled by hatred of Joshua rather than love for Browne. Not everybody that supported Browne was in his corner simply to see Whyte fall (so that Joshua's stock would fall with him), and not everybody that made a pro-Browne or anti-Whyte comment was deliberately part of the secret agenda behind the hype machine. But a lot of people were sucked in by it, even if unwittingly, to some degree. I know the patterns. I've seen it, and know the rigamarole better than any of you. Absolutely ridiculous, talking patently absurd, hyperbolic statements about Browne's positive traits and Whyte's negative were being made. Even a lot of people who didn't get sucked all the way in, did to an extent that some of the statements they were making in the run-up were just downright goofy. (Browne who never stopped anybody noteworthy that wasn't shot/fat/exhausted having more proven 1-punch KO power than Whyte, the heavy-handed guy that decked Joshua in the amateurs with headgear, and stunned him a few times in the early rounds of their "rematch" in the pros? Really? People convinced themselves of this without the aid of agenda-driven brainwashing, you expect me to believe that?)

This is what the immature or hyper-sensitive newbies among you don't understand (looking at you, @Vykus) - getting swept up in that net doesn't mean you need to get all up in arms to defend yourself. It means you need to reflect on some of the silly things you were saying before the fight and be honest with yourself about how much it was getting caught up in hype and group-think, as opposed to soundly thought out logic on your part.

_Scott_ likes this.
  12. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hrgovic, Dychko, Joyce, Yoka, Kuzmin, Kean, Gorman, Teslenko, Plechko, Demirezen, Dubois and a couple of others coming through in addition to Usyk+Gassiev at the very least creates are more interesting, talented and dynamic HW landscape than we've had in some time... In addition to Joshua, Parker and Wilder.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Could shake out well, depending on how much they interact with each other and don't just post up on their own little islands feasting on coconuts to pad records and milk belts.

p4p I think we see more talent coming down the pipeline among cruiser prospects, though. Even factoring in backfill (ie guys that will inevitably move from cruiser up to heavy) it balances out in favor of CW, because there's a lot of good young talent at light heavy as well (that could just as easily end up making the 1-division jump)

CST80 and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hrgovic - okay but nothing special.
    Dychko - talented, but not all that exciting.
    Joyce - talented, but is British level.
    Yoka - glass jawed fraud, will be KO'd before stepping up.
    Kuzmin - overrated bore.
    Kean - who cares, looks glass jawed.
    Gorman - sloppy looking and in the ring, a KO waiting to happen.
    Teslenko - decent, but nothing special.
    Plechko - overrated, thoroughly average.
    Demirezen - just okay.
    Dubois - crap.

This list makes me even less optimistic.:lol:

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...and before any wisenheimer chimes in with "yeah but to jump from cruiser to heavy you technically only have to weigh a pound over the usual 200lb limit, whereas LHW -> CW is a big 25lb leap!" - um, yes. But do you think most heavies nowadays weigh about 201lbs? No. Most will be outweighing the cruisers moving up by upwards of 30/40lbs. So in effect that jump imposes a bigger deficit in natural size between you and your prospective opponents. Besides, plenty of light heavies will be flocking to CW as it becomes more and more glamorous and lucrative - and there are probably a lot of guys that shortly after their pro debut are campaigning at LHW (and even super middle - look at Vlasov) but as they fill out in their mid twenties and beyond probably ought to be loosening their belts a bit and wearing a bit more flesh on their frames to avoid drainage. In times bygone those guys would kill themselves in order to continue making 168/175, because HW is too far a chasm to cross, and CW just never had any money it. Now, though, many of them will think "Hey, if my natural fighting weight is like 188lbs and I'm giving up a dozen to some of the biggest cruisers, so be it, that's preferable to boiling to make weight and having some D-lister knock me out down there..."