Lupe Pintor vs Lionel Rose @ BW

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    How do you see this interesting clash of styles play out between 2 solid fighters? You have the classic boxer-puncher against the pure boxing stylist. Could Pintor's workman-like style help him grind out a win or could Rose outfox Pintor with his quickness?

2. Greg Price99

Greg Price99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Think I'd favour the Rose that beat Harada.

3. Blofeld

Blofeld Active Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2022
    Its a tricky one, one thing that strikes me is Rose being KO'd by Olivares but Pintor weathering the punches of Zarate and almost upsetting Gomez, another heavy puncher. Pintor was a tough hombre and also won a title at Super Feather so I feel he maybe too strong down the stretch for Lionel?

4. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    The Rose that beat Harada outpoints Pintor I think.

Tin_Ribs and Greg Price99 like this.
  5. Tin_Ribs

Tin_Ribs Me Full Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Rose probably builds up enough of a lead in the early to mid rounds to weather Pintor's cavalry charge in the late rounds to win a clearish decision.

Other than being so smooth, sharp and quick on the draw, he was physically powerful and a strong infighter, enough to match and manhandle Pintor up close imo, if someone like Owen could for 9 rounds.

His pillow fists and average punch resistance might work against him a bit though, especially late on with Pintor's cyborg like endurance and body punching, which was ideally suited to taking advantage of weight drained fighters deep into a fight.

Rose on points, though. Pintor struggled a bit with worse fighters even at his best, terrific though he was. The young Rose was a really special fighter.

Rope-a-Dope and Greg Price99 like this.