Lyndon Arthur vs. Anthony Dwayne Duncan Yarde II & Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Bradley Skeete RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 4, 2021.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Doubt Frank will be arsed about keeping him. Doesn’t do many tickets, not a good talker and doesn’t have an exciting style.

im sparticus likes this.
  2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Seems a good lad

3. davidjay

davidjay Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Three punches while Skeete was down. One you can explain away as over-exuberance, three is deliberate and you simply can't say that it had no bearing on the outcome. Give me three free punches at a boxer on the floor who has just gone eight rounds and I can guarantee that they'll cause some damage, even at my advanced age and with arthritis, high blood pressure and not having thrown a punch in anger this century. Or to put it another way, if Skeete had been on his feet and taken them unanswered the fight would have been stopped, and rightly so, because he'd seem in no position to defend himself.

I'll give Steve Gray the benefit of the doubt and believe that he didn't appreciate how much damage had been caused. Skeete said he was fine to carry on and the referee has to accept that but in hindsight it was an incorrect decision. I don't know how the BBBoC rules work, but for the sake of boxing this fight should be declared a no contest and a re-match scheduled.

4. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017

Dizzie Rascall pushing Yarde last night

5. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    The more I see the knockdown the more I think Sheeraz was looking for the DQ as a way of avoiding an image damaging lopsided decision loss to a 34 year old Euro level fighter.

Even he probably never expected Steve Gray’s dangerous incompetence would result in him getting a KO on his record.

Scissors and ryanm8655 like this.
  6. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    If I remember correctly Steve Gray DQ and threw Bradley Saunders out of the ring for a headbutt against Renald Garrido.

He used to be one of the best refs but the past couple of years, he's quite literally gone downhill.

7. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Good ting fam, man like Yarde blood!

Muppets the lot of them.

8. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I thought Lyndon was very disappointing, the stoppage was a strange one for me, the way Arthur just sat on the ropes taking it before eventually going over, no fight back from him nothing, it was like he wasn't there, very strange.

9. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Nah he just gets trapped on the ropes and panics

It was only three or four fights ago, unknown Anim was teeing off on him for fun on the ropes and almost KOd him. That fight he was consistently walking back in straight lines to the ropes over and over

He just ain't that good and Pat doesn't seem to be a good teacher either, the clinch game Lyndon displayed was shocking. He looks good against the over matched bums he faced for 90% of his career but when he fights a real fight who is there to win he gets found out

Same with Zelfa. All the hype but always seems to go life and death with any live opponent. Think Zelfa is better though overall and wouldn't quit when the going gets tough

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Koli55 likes this.
  10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Solid retort that tbf

12. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017

Fair play

Sap1en and Brixton Bomber like this.
  13. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Anyone see the George Fox fight? Gosh he was bad.

14. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Agree 100 %. Awesome performance by Skeete. His movement is sublime, still. He certainly lived upto the Super Skeete alias. Shame it finished the way it did.

15. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Don Frank's still got it lmao.