Maccarinelli needs to fight Mormeck first before he deserves another title chance

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Decebal, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    ...he shouldn't fight anyone else for a vacant belt. Nor should he go for Cunningham. Mormeck is the man he has to get past first, after he gains some confidence in a tune up or ten.

2. Grievesy

Grievesy Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Yeah, Macca is gonna need some tune ups. Its got deal a blow to your confidence being knocked out in two like that.

3. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I hope the guy comes back from this. He just happened to end up fighting a real great. The rest of the field is not over intimidating but still very good. I hope that when and if he is ready to step back up he puts last nights fight to bed and grabs another title. Maybe less defending against the Gunn types this time.

I really want Macca vs Hobson III and then an assault on the Euro and world titles.

Is Mormeck not finished? He looked and sounded finished before his Haye loss so I would be surprised to see him fight again.

4. jameswilson

jameswilson Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    What Id like to see : -

Enzo swallow his pride and issue Cunningham with a challenge for a fight for his IBF title.

What I expect : -

The magical trilogy of Macca v Hobson to be completed.

5. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    tricky one. the vacant WBO will be the obvious choice but i'm sure he'll manage to get in a confidence boosting 8 rounder before the title has to be fought for.

remember, the titles won't become available until haye officially vacates, which he won't have to do until one of the bodies enforces a mandatory. so he could potentially sit on the titles for 6 months.

in the meantime, i predict macca will fight for the WBO interim (again!) and looking at the current wbo top five there aren't any really easy fights unless warren manages to work his magic.

mormeck could actually possibly be one of the safer opponents, as i reckon the haye tko on top of his hard fought wars with o'neil bell will take a lot away from his game. enzo is young enough to recover from this.

6. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I really want his comeback to be against my county man Hobson. A finish to the trilogy and an easier fight for him to come back with. A good British battle.

Then comes the tricky important bit. He needs to fight good top quality fighters. Cunningham, Huck, Bell and whover else is making a name for himself at the moment (flores) would make him into a respected champion and not the crude one he has been labelled has. He has the pride and bottle to face these guys, depends on Warren really.

7. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    he definitely has to become a world champ the proper way if he wants any respect in the boxing community. he'd better not inherit another wbo title.

8. TFFP

TFFP Guest

I think Mormeck should retire personally. There are signs he's on the slippery slope. I think Haye is right when he said if he was in that condition he would have made easier work of it

He was the man, he was brutally taken out. What's the point? His stamina is an issue at the best of times, he loses to Cunningham and Enzo now

9. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    If Mormeck is really a goner, yeah, he should retire. If he still feels he has enough to test Macca, he should do it. If he could down Haye, he can probably down Macca too, I would have thought, though.

10. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Mormeck should not have even fought Haye. He got convinced to take the pay day but he still has not officially retired.

11. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

The idea that these two fighters (both whom have been smashed in recent months) should be getting it on, is ridiculous. They should be both proving that are fit to operate at the level they have previously. Some sort of 'Who's the best Haye victim?' fight would have an almost dog-fight feel to it.

12. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    I would like to see him fight Cunningham. The latter does not bring any of the power of speed that Haye does and so Enzo and his camp of twats should not be too disheartened by this loss.

Up until the Mormeck fight I liked Maccarinelli and then he seemed to turn into a disrespectful ***** talking shite on Setantas coverage about Haye and coming across like an extension of Warrens shite Sun column.

Enzo Calzaghe is a total muppet and Warren is a slimy scum bag so maybe their words polluted his mind, hopefully he can go back to being a decent guy and rebuild. Because he still has the power, reach, jab and workrate to **** up the other champs.

13. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    No he might well do, but Maccarinelli is still a good fighter and should be in the mix with the top guys.

Two questions...

1. How come you are back, I thought you had left for good?
    2. What the **** has happened to you in that pic?

14. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    He beats Mormeck imo by UD or late TKO.

He should take time then come back, its only a matter of time before he wins a version of the cruiser title again...

15. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    i think mormeck takes out mac within 6