Magnificent Match Monday - George Chuvalo v Chris Byrd For All The Maple Syrup In Canada

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ThatOne, Mar 27, 2023.

Who wins

1. George

20.0%
  2. Chris

80.0%
  1. ThatOne

ThatOne Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2022
  2. zadfrak

zadfrak Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Chuvalo was a body puncher. He is not trying for head shots. And he had good legs early on and I just don't see the Byrdman able to stay away from the guy. And he certainly is not getting George's respect with his punching power. Decision bout all the way.

3. Terror

Terror free smoke Full Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I think Byrd would box Chuvalo up and win, and he would not be boastful like Ali was. I think he would be all business and respect Chuvalo enough to not let him get close.

4. Melankomas

Melankomas Prime Jeffries would demolish a grizzly in 2 Full Member

Dec 18, 2022
    Come on, not ALL of it!

5. GoldenHulk

GoldenHulk Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Byrd outboxes Chuvalo to UD.

6. Rubber Glove Sandwich

Rubber Glove Sandwich A lot of people have pools Full Member

Aug 15, 2020
    I guess it would come down to who wants maple syrup more.

7. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I think the best technical boxer Chuvalo beat was Quarry and that was a very controversial win. He lost to Ellis, Mathis, Ali, Folley, etc. Can't see him beating Byrd unless he manages to break him down with body shots before stopping him. Chuvalo didn't have the power to score a clean KO over a slippery guy like Byrd, and he certainly isn't out boxing him even with Canadian judges.

Whenever I think about this fight, I can't help but compare Chuvalo to Tua and imagine Byrd using constant jittery movement and counters to neutralize Chuvalo's aggression. Byrd wins a convincing decision in a fairly competitive bout.

swagdelfadeel likes this.