Mahmoud Omeirat Charr vs. Trevor Cosmo Bryan, Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 24, 2021.

Diamond Boy or The Dream?

Poll closed Jan 29, 2021.
  1. Charr on points

11.1%
  2. Charr by stoppage

11.1%
  3. Draw

5.6%
  4. Bryan on points

50.0%
  5. Bryan by stoppage

22.2%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Main event of possibly the last world championship program Don King will ever have a hand in (his first in nearly three years...and he turns 90 this summer). WBA heavyweight title at stake, 1st defense of Charr after three years and two months of having not defended it (or having even fought, period).

What has become of the once lofty prize, held by titans such as Frazier, Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, and Lewis? :shakehead: It has been a solid decade now since there was a respectable pair of heavyweights in a WBA title match - that's right, get ready to feel old as hell, because Povetkin vs. Chagaev was all the way back in 2011. Sasha vs. Huck was only nine years ago, but a jumped-up cruiser overachieving for one night doesn't a legit HW contender make. Thereafter we saw the Russian defend against the putrescent husk of Rahman and chinny, laughably outmatched Polish challenger Andrzej Wawrzyk. Then it was Chag's turn wearing it for a spell, but his reign proved even weaker and consisted of ancient Oquendo (barely squeaking by, no less), crappy Pianeta, then Aussie clubfighter Lucas Browne who acually wrested the belt from the fading hepatitis-ridden Uzbek. Charr then got to clear the low hurdle of Belarusian middling kickboxing contender turned worse pro boxing contender Alexander Ustinov to pick up the vacant bauble, in 2017. And now here we are. Bryan has been the WBA 'interim' champ since knocking out BJ Flores in August of 2018. Before that he beat nobody. College football player turned domestic gatekeeper Derric "Shaolin Fist" Rossy - by then an 11 year veteran with a 30-9 (14) record - was his best victory by far prior to Flores and remains his second best with a bullet. Let that sink in.

Oh, and let's see if this actually does happen, this go-around. It wouldn't be the first time a DKP event was scrapped last minute due to some kind of shenanigans. But again, it'd probably be the last.

pincai, eltirado, BCS8 and 3 others like this.
  2. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I was just reading about this, the whole event is shaky and bizarre. Apparently the supposed venue doesn't have any posters up or listings or anything, they may have switched to another venue in Miami.

eltirado likes this.
  3. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Is Charr even in the country?

Why does ANYONE sign to Don King these days?

His fighters fight once every couple of years, even when there isn't a pandemic.

eltirado and Aussie Invader like this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I am convinced this is not taking place..

5. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    When is Oquendo getting his long awaited shot for glory

eltirado likes this.
  6. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Man this insistence on non normal names throws me lol.

Manuel Charr to me, always has been, always will be haha.

eltirado likes this.
  7. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Manuel Charr might show up very very rusty

eltirado likes this.
  8. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I think he might like to say he 'very well rested'.

9. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    This isn't happening guys. Charr is still in Germany, not even remotely close taking a flight to the US. I also heard the whole event isn't happening. But who knows.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    eltirado, Perkin Warbeck and Inglis_1 like this.
  10. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    The WBA heavyweight title is not at stake. This is the (regular) belt which is not a legitimate heavyweight title. The WBA (super) is their premier title, i.e. their World Championship belt.

eltirado and ipitythefool like this.
  11. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Trevor Cosmo Bryan? :dunno

This content is protected

eltirado and CST80 like this.
  12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Bryan is hardly been active lol

eltirado likes this.
  13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    If I'd meant super, I'd have said super. :nono:

Like it or not, devalued as it has become as essentially a worthless secondary belt on par with an intercontinental, THIS is the same belt that Ali, Frazier, Holyfield, Tyson and Lewis wore. The one Joshua has is their current premier title and far more prestigious and the only legitimate 'world championship' the WBA has on tap, but it technically isn't the same one from pre-2011. Its lineage only goes back 9½ years.

WBA is a mess. Don't shoot the messenger. :nusenuse:

eltirado and KO KIDD like this.
  14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This content is protected

eltirado and Robney like this.
  15. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016