Mairis Briedis vs. Krzysztof Głowacki

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jun 11, 2019.

The Lethal or The Head?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2019.
  1. Briedis on points

56.0%
  2. Briedis by stoppage

12.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Głowacki on points

16.0%
  5. Głowacki by stoppage

16.0%
  1. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Glowacki as briedis looked like crap in his last fight

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    See the post @CST80 made addressing that. I generally caution against making too much of single instances of declined form, if we're still talking about youngish prime fighters.

Sometimes you just have an off night or bad style match-up or a confluence of factors that don't mean somebody isn't still dangerous next time out.

CST80 likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    One other thing, most people don't seem to remember, due to the all the controversy surrounding the Gevor decision, that Glowacki looked quite lackluster and arguably should have had a draw with Vlasov. The match was a grueling, vicious, thudding, back and forth bloody affair, with both man soaking up a ton punishment. I can almost guarantee that that fight took more out of Glowacki than the Gevor match did Briedis.

lepinthehood likes this.
  4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    The fact is glowscki has been in more wars and has been down loads of times he's just very gutsy but I can see breidis dropping him a few times. Breidis can nullify glowscki left hand I think.

CST80 likes this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Briedis, close and controversial.

6. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    This content is protected

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Exactly as I see it. I'm thinking he may still not be quite as he was, and for that reason I lean toward Glowacki

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Briedis being injured against Gevor is not something that someone just made up to excuse his awful performance in that fight. It's obvious just from watching the fight he wasn't anywhere close to being at his best and I even pointed out in the RBR as early as round 2 that something was off with his punching form.

Old post of mine

Like I said the other day (a week before the actual fight), I saw a post on YT probably about a week ago saying that Briedis ''can't use his power because he has an injury'' and I just saw this one on there today.

''Briedis had a surgery on his wrist and is still recovering from that. Not sure why that is kept quiet. So pretty much he boxed Gevor one handed. But he has serious issues in his camp, that need addressing asap''

Apparently his longtime trainer who was meant to be very good and was very close with him left him after some dispute and he has been replaced by a couple of ***** trainers who aren't really qualified for the job.

And someone who trains with Briedis posted this on Reddit, too.

''I train with briedis and sadly his career is over. He ****ed up his relationship with his coach who was a huge part of his success and he lost his management. Now he is training with pretty ****ty coaches and even my friends who are better than me can easily do sparrings with him. He might hang around for a while, but not for long.''

And this

Kleins held Briedis in a very tight schedule, briedis was kept conpletely isated from everyone. Kleins fed him, trained him non stop, he had a completely different attitude. Briedis’ new coach is not an authority for Briedis himself, briedis himself is pretty full of himself now, he talks back all the time, and there is also no tight schedule, so I wouldn’t call this professional boxing

Well, according to Kleins, Briedis' attitude changed after a fight with Huck. He also said this is the reason they don't work anymore. So not sure if that's a coach issue really.

And I just found this on Google

Craig's former coach Klein reveals that Mairi has refused to work due to his attitude

After winning Boxer Maira Brieza over Noel Gevor in the World Boxing Superstar Quarterfinals fight in their thoughts on the match shared by Brieza's former trainer Sandis Kleins. He also finds that Mairi is no longer working on the Sports Center.com website because, according to Klein, Boxer's attitude to his coach has changed. "2011 In the year we began to work, he was an ordinary guy ... "says Klein. But now it has changed.

Asked to evaluate the rally, in an interview with Sportacentrs.com, an experienced coach congratulates Mairi on victory, but does not hide: in his opinion, it was a fight, not a box. Klein emphasizes that he will not comment on the decisions of the judge, as it is not his competence, however, in evaluating the boxing performance, no mistakes have already been corrected after the Moscow fight with Brendon Delorje.

Former Coach, analyzing the Last Fighting Deer, lists a number of things that Mairim managed to show a better boxing. "Mairis jumps on top, heads up, he's sitting on jajb, but there's no sequel. Mairis works well with jab, but you're on the right hand. But the reason is already known to many - the good hand was hurt. So you can say that this He won the fight with jabb. I do not want to go too far because Maira's mistakes are being corrected by his coaches, "says Klein in a conversation with Sportacentrs.com.

None of the boxers have tried to beat the other, show the boxing IQ. According to the coach, it's possible that both did not really understand the other weaknesses.

After the fight, the opinions that Mairim's fighting fad disappeared is no longer in the eyes of the fire. What happened to Briedem, Klein does not comment, since both have not been in contact since July. However, an experienced trainer underlines that a lot can be affected by various factors in the last week before the fight - a family affair or just a problem with the stomach outlet. "I know that Mairim in America was definitely not easy," says Klein.

The coach admits that Maira wins the reward because he loves the box and wants to continue this sport in Latvia. However, both of their long-standing co-operation are now over, and Sandis Klein and Mairi Briedi are no longer working.

"He has settled with me, he has always been correct at all, but the attitude he was in 2011 when we began to work when he was a regular guy ... And he stayed after the fight against Huck. I did not like that," says Klein

After fighting with Huck, Boxer did not touch his coach for about a month, although Klein did not think he would have done anything wrong with him. The coach remembers the episodes in the interview how the Deer in the gym is not greeted with him, sitting at a restaurant in a car and asking for food to be taken out to him, because he did not want to go in and meet Klein, who was sitting there with his friends.

"I do not know what happened to him and why he became such a person. It's hard to work with such a chalume, especially if you have to constantly motivate an athlete. I'm really tired of it." Until then, everyone was in the fight against Huck Mair, We were a real team, everything was really a goat, with Hoo he was playing well, because Hux is really a "dirty" boxer. After that, everything changed, "says Klein.

It was patently obvious to me Briedis was carrying an injury against Noel he looked a mere shadow of himself and he was throwing the right sparingly and not with the same form or power whenever he did let it go.

CST80 and lewis gassed like this.
  9. Serge

Jul 21, 2009

CST80 and lewis gassed like this.
  10. pernellaaron

pernellaaron Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I'm going to assume motivated Breidis shows up and because of that I said Breidis by KO in a hell of a fight. Glowacki is open and Breidis can be a powerful counter puncher.

11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Really excited for this fight, and for Kudryashov vs Makabu. Some great 50-50 type matchups happening at CW right now.

Badbot likes this.
  12. Serge

Jul 21, 2009

13. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I got Briedis MD, he should have had enough time to recover from his injuries.
    He's definitely the better boxer of the two, Glowacki has heart though but limited. He got some assistance from the ref as Vlasov was doing quite well against him.

Serge likes this.
  14. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017

15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    What.