Malcolm Alexander McAllister vs. Brahmavigi Shanea Montgomery Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Aug 19, 2019.

"Born2Fight" or "The Rowdy Legend"?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2019.
  1. McAllister on points

50.0%
  2. McAllister by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Montgomery on points

50.0%
  5. Montgomery by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Co-main event of a mixed combat sports card (and headliner of the boxing portion) on Roy Engelbrecht Promotions' next installment of "Fight Club OC" on Thursday night.

McAllister was the national Golden Gloves winner at light heavyweight in 2014, and his pro career got off to a promising start of 9-0 with 8 kayos - but he is now riding a three loss streak, with his cherry popped by Chordale Booker, followed by an unsuccessful stint on season 5 of The Contender, and most recently getting mauled by Ievghen Khytrov last November. Montgomery (who mysteriously goes by the nom de guerre "Rowdy Legend" in both his fighting and his acting careers, per BoxRec and IMDB) is a career middle & super welterweight despite standing a very lanky 6'2" - giving him a five inch reach advantage over McAllister.

This content is protected

McAllister vs. Alejandro Torres:

(his latest victory)

Montgomery vs. Jonathan Esquivel:

(his most recent bout, a loss; the only available footage of him)

pistal47 likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Honestly.. if your name is already "Brahmavigi Shanea", you're not really making yourself any more interesting by choosing to go by "Rowdy Legend" instead. Lateral move at best. :sisi1

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh yeah, the actual 'main event' is some MMA chick fight. :rolleyes:

4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    McAllister is ok, I watched him maul quigley on the inside in sparring. After that I talking to manny Robles about helping quigley on the inside with sparring. They turned it down saying I was to big. Lol. More like they didn’t want me to ruin his confidence.

5. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Can't believe I'm saying/thinking this, but going off the footage provided, im going with Montgomery. Mcallister is much more technically sound/proficient, he has a much tighter defense, and overall hes sharper and more experienced but his feet are awful, stuck in concrete, he's still very hittable, he's only 5'9 with a 65 inch reach, andnhe showboat -- not because hes doing well but almost as if trying to trick himself into believing hes doing well. Technically Montgomery is a disaster, more so than his namesake, but unconventionally he has some brilliance. Hes already a much better mover, he's faster and more athletic, actually sets up his shots decently, much taller with better reach....... With whatever the odds are gonna be at, I'd drop $300 on Mongomery. Horse for horse, Montgomery is more impressive and if he had the same lengthy amateur career Mcallister had he would be the much better fighter between the two. Both have porous defenses so it's gonna be fireworks while it lasts.

I'm glad I watched the videos because on paper Montgomery doesn't stand a chance.

6. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    If Montgomery just sticks to circling away from Malcolms power hand and popping him with that jab I think he would easily win a wide UD, if that jab is enough to keep MM off of him. Its no power jab, and he basically flicks it out there while his feet are moving so there's next to nothing on it, but it would score.

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    REALLY great call, @pistal47 - Rowdy Legend found a way to spring the upset (or perhaps rather, McAllister found a way to lose) via MD. :deal:

8. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    Get the **** out?!?! Are you serious? He's awful. I dont even think I really believed that. Guess that's it for McAllister, no?

IntentionalButt likes this.