malignaggi does NOT deserve a fight with Hatton

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by teetop, Jun 30, 2007.

1. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    You **** off . . . idiot.

Malignali earned his belt and he's got all the right to challenge any other belt holders in that division and he deserve it.

Winner of Witter/Harris? Stop crying fo now boii, it sure's gonna happen. :deal

2. J_Roth

J_Roth VRWC Hybrid Beaner Full Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Paulie is a worthy challenger at this stage. Hatton would be a 3 time jr ww IBF champ if he won. Interesting. I would like to see Paulie have one more fight and then take on Hatton. Of course Hatton in the challenger to Paulie's belt and Paulie to his. That doesn't mean Hatton isn't the best at 140 lbs.

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Paulie Malignaggi along with Junior Witter are the 2 biggest threats to Hatton at 140.

4. CASH_718

CASH_718 "You ****ed Healy?" Full Member

Apr 10, 2005
    I think the point that this thread proves is that teetop is a jagoff.

5. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Jesus............I fight it hard to beleive that some people actually believe some of the posts like this...........Malignaggi can box...no doubt & he is a good fighter with a good future but please lets not get carried away.........!!!!!..........As for beating Hatton easy..:patsch ......... sigh...!!!
    No one wants to stand still but if your being pressured into it by arguably one of the best pressure fighters about then you aint got much choice........I also admit that Rickys grappling ,certainly whilst not being pretty is very effective for "teeing up" quick combos out of the clinch.............Ask Castillo's ribs how "bad" Hatton & his tactics are....

6. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

7. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    Wow, a hater accusing another poster of being a hater :think

8. ApatheticLeader

ApatheticLeader is bringing ***y back. Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I don't mind Malignaggi at all, but that is a funny quote :lol:

9. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    I just like to say I'm not saying Paulie doesnt deserve a shot...........I just have a BIG problem with people saying he'd beat Hatton easily......pure noncence........I could see PM starting off well but by the middle rounds I think Hatton would begin to get to him , stop him dancing & then tag him with some "slowers"...!!!!!.......Like I said he's a good boy but I dont think he could live with Ricky......

10. ApatheticLeader

ApatheticLeader is bringing ***y back. Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Malignaggi can live with Hatton - all the biggest names he has beaten were on the decline. He wore Tszyu down, but it's rather easy to wear down 35yo legs. Hatton has never faced anyone with Malignaggi's stamina and footwork. Quite frankly whilst Hatton may well win, he struggles. Badly.

11. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    This kind of post I can live with.......Someones own point of view but with a decent argument to back it up.............Its the "Paulie beats Hatton easily" **** I dont like !!!!

12. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    IMO malinaggi gives hatton a lot of problems and i like the match up stylewise , boxer v a pressure fighter.

lateral movement to keep hatton of balance could do the trick but i see hatton walking through anything malinaggi could throw to land his harder punches , and the fact that hatton goers to the body negates a lot of leg movement as so often you see punchers always aim for the head when in with a slick fighter .

IMO hatton has better and lighter feet than cotto , and cotto managed to tag malinaggi, so i see hattons quick feet and quick hands being able to offset malinaggi`s boxing abilty, but still hatton is going to miss some of his wind up off his feet punches by a country mile .

i think malinaggi defeniatley is in the mix, in fact looking at 140 it should only be malinaggi/witter and harris in the frame if hatton stays at 140 which i think he should.

hopkins would get mullered and is not ready now and i suspect not ready in the future going by the robbery he was gifted against forbes i think it was.

13. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Interesting thread this! Some of the posters opinions are cringeworthy though! Its worth noting a lot of you are making it sound like Ricky is slow about the ring, the guy has brilliant footwork and is no slouch, more so than a Cotto that faced Paulie. My personal opinion is Ricky would end this fight with Paulie in 9, but Paulie puts on another 'brave' showing

14. C Money

C Money Paul McCloskey Full Member

Feb 8, 2007

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My apologies then my man!!!!! I've just come to east side this year, please forgive the faux paux.:good With all the biscuit baking/woman comments, I was thrown off track. :yep :yep :yep

15. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Its all good bro. The name has thrown a few people off before.

But, I do consider myself a lesbian tho, CHICKS ARE GREAT :nut !!! So I guess you could look at it that way?!?!?

:good

:huh