Malik "The Noble Artist" Scott

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 5, 2017.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    He's still technically in the game, isn't he? As in, never officially retired in shame after that non-effort versus Luis Ortiz. After running for 36 minutes from the great ape (or rather, sloth) of Camagüey, nothing has been scheduled or announced for the veteran perennial contender.

In exactly a week, next Sunday, he will reach the anniversary of them at fiasco and presumably vanish from all the major org rankings. He will hit the seventeen year mark professionally 48 hours before that date, on Friday. Seventeen years, of which all his time spent being relevant in the sport was concentrared in a 4⅙ year period (September '12 - November '16). In that span he went 4-3-1 (2) over eight fights and faced the only seven meaningful opponents in his career. Even so, if he wanted to right now in this incarnation of the HW division he still has top 5 h2h potential.

The man with the famously educated jab & footwork, but infamously deficient fighting heart & striking power is 37, and still perched at the same crossroads across which his feet have been indecisively scuffing for the bulk of this millennium. He, if motivated (and with an endowment of courage from the great and powerful Oz) could theoretically outbox everyone in the division save AJ or Sasha. Even a Wilder rematch isn't a foregone conclusion if Scott were to actually try and not take a quick dive. :deal:

On the other hand, just as likely on a given night is him finding a warm spot on the canvas and riding a British ref's hasty count to a TKO loss to a Tom Dallas after flopping off a grazing rabbit punch. :thumbsup: He's that mercurial and woeful to bet on.

2. Ilikeboxing

Ilikeboxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    If Scott fought Hughie Fury they would actually bump into one another around the 11th round, and Scott would take a dive.

3. Ilikeboxing

Dec 8, 2012
    Just going around, and around in a circular motion until the 11th round when Malik's speed would come into play, leading to his demise and fall to the ground clutching his chest.

4. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Malik is a real piece of work that's for sure.

5. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Sounds very hard to believe now, but I actually picked him to beat Wilder 3 or 4 years ago when they fought.

6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Probably will shut out some journeyman and be fed to someone like Jermaine Franklin, Darmani Rock, Stephan Shaw or Nicholas Mazurek a year or two down the line.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Scott vs. Kingpin Johnson, loser retires instantly while the victor gets the spoils of shelling up and jabbing their way through one more world title shot, losing by shutout UD after landing three jabs of 50 thrown across 12 rounds?

8. Ilikeboxing

Dec 8, 2012
    Looks like we have our new WBC mandatory.
    Wilder vs Scott 2 - I Promise you wink.

Robney and IntentionalButt like this.
  9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Well, Haymon owns Breazeale and Breazeale can't fight at all, so that will probably be Wilder's next fight. Breazeale will take a dive, must not throw a punch or he might accidently land a punch on Wilder and break his glass jaw..............

10. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    He still seems to get used a lot as a sparring partner by a lot of top HWs. Maybe hes just happy making his money that way.

In a way, I'm not sure he ever fully got out of the mindset of being a sparring partner.

He does actualy have legitimate skills for a HW, but seems to go to pieces in his big fights.

Massive career gaps haven't helped either.

IntentionalButt and Chuck Norris like this.
  11. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Yeah I believe hes happy just making a living from sparring.

12. Hope4Better

Hope4Better Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    ahh well if it aint a thread about the heavyweight slick willy hisself, malik scott. that boi is bout to turn into the next cedric boswell!

13. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I heard he'd move to the Bahamas to become a scuba instructor. He's got all the experience.