Man, straight up Andy looking like a beast

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mike_b, Mar 25, 2021.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    GGG...GgG...ggg...Ggg...GGg...aaaaaaargh!

Sounds like Golovkin lives rent free in your head. :lol:

Tell Canelo to borrow some nuts and to complete the trilogy before Golovkin fossilizes.

Oddone and Brixton Bomber like this.
  2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Look at the work this guy is putting in :

This content is protected

It's Unbelievable. For a guy that was criticized for carrying too much weight and not being in shape for the Joshua rematch. He's owned all that and is now training as hard and as smart as he can. He's truly putting in the work. When you watch him on the mitts, that combination of speed, power and technique is rarely seen at Heavyweight. Fury and AJ might be bigger and rangier, but if Andy can build on this he can outwork these guys on the inside and rough them up. Unlike AJ and Fury, Andy hits super hard. Andy is much more technically skilled than Wilder. I can't wait to see the results of all this training in the ring.

Mike_b and BCS8 like this.
  3. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Arreola struggled mightily with Kassi and Kauffman and was beaten twice by Stiverne (an inferior Ruiz) closer to his prime. He's lost 6, been dropped 6 times and been KO'd 3 times. He's 40 years old and has been inactive for the best part of two years since his loss to Kownacki. Ruiz is an ex-world champion, is the more talented and much younger man (helps with the judges) and unlike Arreola (especially at this age and considering the wear and tear) has a great chin. Arreola is coming for one last payday and probably doesn't even want to beat his fellow Mexican, the only (slim, lol) hope for Mexican heavyweight success in the near future.

I fancy a bet on Ruiz, even at very short odds.

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Just begs the question why he showed up in such horrible condition in Saud for the fight that mattered. It could, and maybe should be, him facing Fury.

5. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    A big part of this is eating right, getting on a proper diet. Until recently, Andy didn't have a team that could set him on the right path help him reach his full potential. Andy didn't have a nutritionist that really pushed him to eat right every day and stay in shape between fights, he would balloon up in weight because he wasn't eating right, and he wasn't training at this level. Now he's training with the absolute best in the business and he's on a diet of healthy food, which is fuel for him to put in the work in the gym and he has the right mindset, and the motivation to dedicate himself to not just losing weight, but to keep the weight off between fights so he's always ready. And focus on these areas in the gym to increase speed, explosiveness, stamina.

The sky is the limit for this guy if he can stay on this path, take care of Arreola then get into contention for a Title Shot. He has set a goal to win back his Titles. This will be fun to see how far Andy can go with this new mindset and conditioning. You can tell he's feeling great and is building himself into the best version of himself. Do not sleep on Andy, he already shocked the world once when he KO'd AJ. Andy is capable of a lot more success in the sport, especially at Heavyweight where you do not see Heavyweights with high level technique, speed and explosiveness. Andy has an incredible amount of potential and he's now only scratching the surface on how good he can be.

Charles White likes this.
  6. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If Andy had the mindset to maintain this he would have done it already. It doesn't take a genius to not be fat. It takes discipline. If he had any, as a freaking world class boxer he'd know what he should have been doing. He's not even exactly in great shape now, he's in less bad shape. He won't keep it up.
    He's got some skills and talent, but he does not have the discipline to be the best version of his potential.

7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    as far as sure bets go, they dont get any surer. chris would probably pick andy up before 10 if he knocked him out by chance. they are lining andy up for a big fight, this just resume building, having him headline his own ppv.
    i have lots of confidence in reynoso, he sees everything i see, and probably quite a bit more. more importantly he can get his pupils to see the same things. ive seen the specific improvements hes made with canelo, ryan, and valdez, so i expect a more tysonesque looking andy. more weaving to get inside jabs. more lateral movement, to limit the space he allows his opponents. and a more consistent guard. i will be looking closely to see what i think hes improved on.

Mike_b and NEETzschean like this.
  8. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    So I watched the 10 minute video. He looks good. Much better shape than when he beat up AJ.

Unless Arreola has had a similar transformation, it should be a short fight.

I'm definitely on Andy's side, but he has to prove his commitment and pummeling a shot to pieces Arreola ain't gonna get it and no way am I shelling out to watch it.

Get back to me when he fights Wilder or Usyk or somebody that has an actual chance to win.

BCS8 likes this.