Manny Pacquiao vs Felix Trinidad at 147?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by anarci, May 1, 2011.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Possibly though it’s also possible Floyd will use the right tactics to defeat Trinidad like Bernard Hopkins. Those guys from the Mid-West USA like Michigan, the city of Brotherly Love Philadelphia etc are lethal ring strategists even more so than your Gypsy kin.

2. Presenting-Fight-Film

Presenting-Fight-Film Active Member Full Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Pacquiao too fast and powerful and I feel like Tito was pretty chinny and Oscar was able to buzz him a couple times catching him off guard with speed. He was very slow and plodding imo and Pacquiao would blast his guard

ryan_c likes this.
  3. DobyZhee

DobyZhee VIP Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Dude Tito decapitates Pacquiao at 147.

He’s all wrong for the Pac Man at that weight.

IsaL likes this.
  4. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Great great fight. Manny's experience and fighting spirit and speed or combinations would be a problem for Tito. I would have to say at this point Tito maybe because he would hit Manny like Cotto and Margarito did, but I think his power and little better bigger size would make the difference. I could see Manny maybe using his speed, but he would have to avoid the heart and tenacity of Tito for many rounds.

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Tough one to pick. In terms of style Tito doesn't have the style to really bother Pacquiao, his left hook is his best punch, while Pac as a southpaw has always struggled with right hand counters which Tito lacks and Tito doesn't have the movement to keep Pac off him when Pac does come at him with his blisteringly fast in and out attacks. There's a definite style advantage that benefits Pacquaio.

But Tito is better than anyone Pac has fought at 147 apart from Mayweather. He's just as big as Margarito and his even harder than Margo did even with illegal wraps. Tito could very well KO Pac if he lands a big punch, Pac's never faced the power that Tito brings and Tito is relentless and could fight dirty. I fully expect Tito to low blow Pac if he is struggling at some point, Tito was not adverse to breaking the rules to ensure a win and unlike BHop, Pacquiao isn't the type to get dirty too, to keep Tito honest.

If I'm forced to pick a winner. I'd say Pacquiao. While the power and size of Tito is a daunting task, Tito doesn't have a physical, mauling style to really make his weight advantage matter or the movement and out boxing style to make his reach and height count and style wise he suits Pac being a come forward left hooker. Pac wins a UD as he uses his speed, movement and frenetic work rate to disarm and frustrate Tito.

Levook and Rumsfeld like this.
  6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    One left hook in 12 rds is all it would take.

7. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Did you see the face of Margarito after the fight? He can't even fight again for awhile with the damaged eyes , etc that Manny did.
    Pac can easily do worst to the Eggshell jaw Tito

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Tito all day long by devastating knockout.

Reinhardt likes this.
  9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    His left hook, right hand for starters

Reinhardt likes this.
  10. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    How many Title defenses did Tito have at 147? 15, he beat Hector Camacho , Pernell Whitaker, great defensive fighters and Oscar when he was still a live body not the corpse Manny fought. If Marquez sparked him out Tito Trinidad would put him in a coma. It would be very competitive until the end comes with Manny struggling to get up.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  11. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Tito's glass jaw won't hold up...

12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Tito was no joke. In fact putting Tito down only seemed to wake him up so much some said his Dad Don Felix should knock him down in the changing room just before the ring walk.

Mteslamiller likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Tito did not have a glass jaw nor was he knocked spark out for the count like Pacquiao. Tito would never lose to Jeff Horn at 147 pounds.

14. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Whew! fighters with 15 title defenses do not have glass jaws,

Mteslamiller likes this.
  15. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Maybe, but Tito was better than Margarito. Better counterpuncher and just a greater fighter. Margarito was strong and agressive, but was not at that Tito level.. Manny would be winning the fight with his combinations and speed, yet one left hook could turn it, which is what I think would probably happen. Manny could get hit and did. Not clean at times, but it does not need to be clean from a guy that much bigger. If Margarito hit Manny, than Tito would also.

Mteslamiller likes this.