Manny Pacquiaos initial ascent up the higher weights

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Apr 30, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    He fought David Diaz. After the fight Diaz visits a plastic surgeon to correct facial damage sustained.

Then he fights DLH. After an 8 round beatdown DLH checks into hospital for precautionary purposes.

Then he fights Ricky Hatton. Pac knocks him out cold and Hatton checks into hospital to undergo checks on his heart.

Then he fights Cotto. More of the same except being bigger and stronger than the others Cotto sustained the most prolonged and brutal of the beatdowns. He ended up staying in the ICU.

Then there was Antonio Margarito. His face tells you everything you need to know about that fight. And another trip to the hospital.

To me Pac is the GOAT modern fighter after that amount of destruction against bigger men.

2. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Watch his fights at 130lb. All everyone could talk about back then was that may the weight is too big for him and that he's not ktfo fighters with one shot as he used to.

oldcanvasback, Reinhardt and tinman like this.
  3. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    all these guys went to hospital, but do you know where floyd went after the pacquiao fight?
    mcdonald's.

derekcantona and HellSpawn86 like this.
  4. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    It’s what happens when you run and hug your opponent all fight. He ran and hugged like he never did before. His own daddy told him to stop fighting like a *****. Not my words, his dad and coach.

This content is protected

No man getting called out by his daddy and coach for fighting scared is “winning” anything.

Stonehands likes this.
  5. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    and who won that fight exactly?

6. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Are you being deliberately obtuse? Is it intentional? Because a blind man can tell the difference between the prime version of Pac and the version that Mayweather "fought".

7. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Not Floyd. no man called for running scared by his coach and daddy is “winning” anything.

Oh you mean what the judges said? Ok, if they were scoring wwe or dancing with the stars.

8. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Who used illegal IV fluids?

9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Floyd was winning the rounds, by doing the bare minimum. That is most likely why Sr. was upset with him.
    Also, are you trying to say that Pacquiao got robbed that night?

10. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Who was scared of a needle?
    Who needed a cut to heal?
    Who needed to build an outdoor arena?

(I actually think Floyd was using PED´s in his later career)

11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Right! I remember they were too big and strong for him,,,,,,pre-steroid Manny

12. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    I’m saying that judging can be very arbitrary. Judges scored against Oscar for fighting like a ***** vs Tito. Floyd fought more scared than that. Ran and hugged for his life. Deduct a point for every illegal move, bending below the waist, hugging (not boxing) and Floyd would be -100 points.

13. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Hahahahha good one.

14. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    My bad, misread

15. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Pac never said he was scared of needles. That's a lie and statement that never came from Pac. But you can try Googling.

That was a very gnarly cut. For the Fight of the Century, it wasn't unreasonable.

The outdoor arena wasn't a crazy idea. They did it for Joshua-Ruiz in under 2 months. Arum wanted to maximize attendance while keeping the fight in Vegas.

But Floyd low-balled with a $40 million flat fee, came up with a dozen reasons why he didn't need Pac, said Pac had to leave his promoter for the fight to happen.

But again... Who talked all that smack and ended up being the one who was caught using illegal IV fluids?

oldcanvasback likes this.