María del Carmen Salinas Corpus vs. Asley González Macías & José Granados vs. Jorge Monreal RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Feb 25, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Aaron Silva vs. Jesús Pérez, 4 rounds @ light heavyweight

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Pérez down hard (with no intentions of standing) less than half a minute into the second round...surprised he made it that far tbh.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    great start, hope the rest of the fights live up to its standard.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Juan Francisco Martínez Ayala vs. Rodolfo García Alba*, 6 rounds @ featherweight

(BoxRec lists Martínez vs. Daniel Tovar; late substitution here)

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "Elegante" Martínez looking decent ...4-0 (2), has both the commentators and most of the Facebook comments section firmly on his side gushing praise. Doing a bit too much waiting for my liking; a prospect of his stature ought to be getting rid of someone posing as little threat as García - or at least making strides toward doing so instead of just burning daylight staring at him with upwards of 20 seconds between attacks.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Marisol Moreno Rodríguez vs. Mayra León Guzmán, 8x2" rounds @ lightweight

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    José Adolfo Granados Prado vs. Jorge Luis Martínez Monreal, 8 rounds @ super featherweight

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Okay, this is the main event on the male side, and probably the most interesting bout of the card. Somebody's 0 has got to go; "Explosivo" Granados is 11-0 and "Pastelero" Monreal is 7-0-1.

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Granados in red with black trim; Monreal in black w/ gold trim.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    10-9 Granados, throwing underhanded body flurries while crowding in effectively, and then patiently resetting on the outside checking the southpaw's jab with his left jab. Monreal is spending more time on the backfoot and eating more leather, but getting in plenty of double right hooks during his own surges, and some looping lefts timed between Granados' shots.

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    OH CRAP! Granados, the better-looking overall fighter in the first, is dropped hard by a straight left cross crunching flat on the bridge of his nose early in the second, and then it happens again moments later - and this contest is WAVED OFF!! Just like that! You shouldn't have blunk!

KO2!

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Monreal set that up beautifully, fluttering a double right jab frisbeed out from his armpit full extension into Granados' face while roaring off the ropes; Granados' feet moved quickly enough (and the jabs were poorly aimed enough) that neither came within an inch of landing, but boy did they ever do a bang up job of blinding him to the left that started his downfall. And he just never really recovered from it.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Monreal in his victory interview with the broadcast team just said Pacquiao's name a few times...guessing he was naming him as his idol or something, which makes for a logical choice for a power-punching southpaw although I can't say he seemed all that similar otherwise stylistically.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh damn, that was for the Mexican national 130lb championship? Until last month neither Granados nor Monreal had graduated past 6-rounders.