March 3rd

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Such a good night of boxing i cant wait!

Any ideas for some bets? I lost 200 on the Eubank/Groves fight so need to claw some back!

What are your predictions for the night?
    How will Brook look against Rabchenko?
    Do you think Dave Allen can get the win this time round?
    What round does Josh Taylor blast out Soto?

And my money is going on Wilder to beat Ortiz. I think he wins by decision...who you got?

N17 and Fhaggis like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Lump it on Ortiz. He will absolutely destroy Wilder.

3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    For value odds I would look at Brook to win between 9-12 rounds and Dave Allen to win on points.

N17 likes this.
  4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm gonna lay Brook at 1.04

As much as I wish Brook well, we dont know how much hes got in the tank or the toll the injuries have taken. Reminds me of Hatton v Senchenko and Rabchenko also has the Hatton connection (as well as ending in chenko!) I know you shouldn't bet on omens but so many times I wish I had and they have rolled in. £6 to win £150 and happy if Kell wins too so cant loose!

Other fights, Josh Taylor to bottle it against the experienced Mexican Soto? He seems a real unknown quantity and if he's got anything left in the tank could take Taylor (11 fight novice) into unknown waters. Tempting odds with Taylor sitting around 1.03, seems a bit short to me. Another lay for small change.

Lenroy Thomas @ 3.5 is the other one if you don't believe in the Allen comeback story.

Does anyone fancy McDonnel to give Yafai a hard time? Available @ 4.5

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    N17 and Potwash like this.
  5. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Serious bruv? You a good poster and i respect your opinion. You think Ortiz knocks him out?

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I think a Brook stoppage 9-12 is a good shout. It's a little risky but I'm also backing the Ortiz KO, it just looks as clear as day to me. Allen is looking in the best shape I've seen him and he knows this is it now, so I think he'll take a decision over Thomas. I think Taylor stops Soto reasonably early, certainly the first half of the fight.

ipitythefool and N17 like this.
  7. goku23

goku23 Member Full Member

May 28, 2014
    Wilder 2/7 vs Ortiz
    I seriously can't see Ortiz staying in there with Wilder, has aged and slowed badly in the past few years and Wilder with the massive speed advantage he has over him now and huge reach its a given for me Ortiz getting caught and going over.

Hrgovic on the weekend is a really safe bet but at 1/20 probably not worth the hassle.

The one I'd be looking at is Rungvisai vs Estrada, I've got Rungvisai beating Estrada be close but 5/4 definitely some money to be had there, hasn't fought since the KO Gonzalez can't wait for this. Rungvisai naturally bigger man could be similar to the Gonzalez fights

Gamal Yafai 2/9 vs Gavin McDonnell can't wait that fancy Yafai to do a number on him

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    N17 likes this.
  8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    100% srs Ortiz is world class. If Wilder beats him then Wilder really is the real deal in my eyes.

Potwash likes this.
  9. Azza43

Azza43 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Completely agree- loads of 50 50s and the bookies agree- Shafiq Appleyard they cant seem to pick a winner so might be worth looking at that- also jason cunningham at 5/1 against J Gill maybe? He did well against belotti up untill KO

Potwash likes this.
  10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Wilder will body Ortiz and im not even a fan of his.

I think if you are looking for value then Brook to lose may be possible. I'm a big Kell fan but there's no doubt the last few fights have taken a huge toll. And he won't be a big LMW

pow likes this.
  11. Azza43

Azza43 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Rabchenko is an extremely game and live opponent too, but by no means on the Trout, Charlo etc level

12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Wilder is taking Ortiz out of there inside the first 6.

13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Brook stoppage 9-12 is a tasty bet - Brook has sparred Rabchenko for different camps in the past + the Ingles know all about him going back to his fight with Ryan Rhodes.

On the back of two defeats against elite opposition with two bad injuries, they wouldn't be throwing him to the wolves in his first fight at 154.

14. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Brook will get Rabchenko out of there late as long as he holds up physically. Rabchenko does nothing Brook hasn't see before and he will know all about him from sparing. I almost expect a version of the Porter fight with Rabchenko trying to close the gap but not having the power, or aggression that Porter does and Kell landing long straight shots.

Ortiz should win more skilled, good power, but Wilder is younger and fresher and much faster. If Ortiz plods around the ring like he can then he probably loses a decision.

15. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Not seen any odds but Dave Allen fight could be interesting. Lenroy beat him and I'm sure there was something about not getting to bring his trainer over and Porter's dad coming in? Not certain on the facts but with a full camp he could maybe beat Allen easier this time