March 3rd

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Feb 22, 2018.

1. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I'm thinking Lous Ortiz and Lenroy Thomas accumulator.

Ortiz is the best Wilders faced and Wilder has been losing fights in the past. Lenroy has beaten Allen before.

2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Appleyard over Shafiq at 5/6 is free money as far as I'm concerened.

While I think Wilder beats Ortiz, odds of 15/8 on Ortiz to win are far too good to turn down. Also 11/4 for Ortiz to KO Wilder which are good odds. As someone mentioned above, Lenroy Thomas would also be worth a punt.

pow likes this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Kenny Porter is indeed now his full time trainer after stepping in last minute last year in Sheffield.

The reason why this fight was postponed was because Kenny was in camp training Shawn for his fight against Granados and he wanted to make sure he could focus on big Lenroy fully for the Dave Allen fight.

So make no mistake Lenroy will be coming fit, fully trained and ready to win. I feel Allen could get a gift on the cards.

Northadox likes this.
  4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I see Wilder has a lot of people in this thread completely fooled.

Explain this for me, how come he was getting thoroughly outboxed by Washington and Spzilka and was behind on the cards in both?

He was also getting outboxed and made to look like a gargoyle by Duhurpas but let's not even go there.

Why have his handlers not had the confidence to put him in with a top opponent in 9 years of being a professional and 3 years as champion?

All the alarm signals are there plain to see.

Ortiz with his 300+ amateur fights is going to destroy him.

5. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    When Eddie Hearn said on an IFL Interview he should've put Brook-Rabchenko and Wilder-Ortiz as a Joint PPV ? Was he being serious or joking as i couldnt tell ? Very worrying if he thought it should be PPV,disgusting is the right word

6. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Dont put anything on Ortiz mate, trust me.

Ortiz will get bodied by Wilder, absolutely laid out cold.

Wilder's athleticism and speed will see him stopping Ortiz. Ortiz is a sitting duck and lacks the movement or speed to do a job on Wilder.

I do not at all rate Wilder, but looking at Ortiz's recents fights this is not that fight that exposes him

tee_birch, Scissors and Bax183 like this.
  7. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    When i knew about these fights happening on the same night my first thought was that its gonna be ppv so i wouldn't be surprised if he was being serious!

And 100% i would of paid for it, quality night of boxing

8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    If Ortiz wasn’t about 50 then you’d fancy him but fact is he is...Wilder is fighting an old man...

Scissors likes this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This is a prime Deontay Wilder fighting an old man. Only an idiot would back the old man.

tee_birch likes this.
  10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Ortiz is about 50 mate. He has the physique of a soccer dad. He has slowed down noticeably.

Wilder isn't about to start taking risks now. He knows its a valid name on his ledger and he holds huge athletic advantages over this guy..

Hope im wrong but i don't see it being competitive at all and as i said i don't even rate Wilder that highly

velagod and Scissors like this.
  11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Fair post

tee_birch likes this.
  12. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    He was having a dig at frank warren putting the bjs willy Monroe fight on before the golovkin canelo fight witch was PPv, or that’s how I took that comment anyway.

13. Popnvg

Jan 6, 2018
    It really isn't PPV Mate,i would say you are quite deluded for thinking that.Brook coming off a defeat,in a WARM UP fight against a bus driver as a Headliner.Then Wilder against a drugged up,50 year old man at 5am in the Morning.Hearn's brainwashing is very worrying.Joshua-Klitschko,Mayweather/Mcgregor these are PPV Fights

14. Popnvg

Jan 6, 2018
    What was wrong with that,i dont get the joke.GGG-Canelo was still free to Boxnation Subscribers and it's a genuine 50/50 fight between two elite/World Class boxers at their prime.Golden Boy also probably demanded it be PPV in the UK.

velagod likes this.
  15. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Winston Campos will now fight Josh Taylor as Soto has pulled out.