Marciano-I Just Don't Understand It

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by janwalshs, Aug 2, 2010.

1. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    No I dispute this. I won’t have it. I am not going to go on and on about it because I am repeating myself here. The hair splitting is always inconsequential and the explanation always entirely satisfactory as it is in this case. But let’s just see where we go from here. It’s time to move on.

2. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Marciano can lose fights, just because I defend him doesn’t mean I think he was unbeatable! The thing with Rocky is his record stands up. And this is why even now he is a very credible top 5 champion of all time.

Gazelle Punch likes this.
  3. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    For the record, I was not referring to you when I mentioned two others.

4. Brockton Rock

Brockton Rock Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2020
    67 Ali could do it, not the slow 70s version however. Lewis is the other but Marciano could also beat either man.

choklab likes this.
  5. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Liston?
    Foreman?
    Tyson?

In those 3 above, Marciano would be like those Italian tanks in WW2.....1 forward gear and 5 reverse.

GOAT Primo Carnera likes this.
  6. Brockton Rock

Brockton Rock Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2020
    I dont think so, Marciano KOs them all

7. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Private messages are just that, private.

Nowhere in the report of the Schkor fight was there a reference to Rocky being able to push Schkor back, Schkor met him head on and was moving forwards trying to get inside.Neither is there any reference to Marciano pushing back Miller in the less than one round their fighth lasted before it was stopped because Miller suffered a horrible cut to his eye.Miller protesting vigorously all the while .Like wise the Jackson fight was a one round job, Marciano beating a fat no hoper, no pushing backwards.
    This just leaves the Louis fight Louis 37 years old, fighting because he was bankrupt weighing a second career high213lbs.SO NO MARCIANO NEVER PUSHED BACK A FIGHTER HEAVIER THAN WILDER .Which is what Choklab claimed.
    WILL YOU NOW ACCEPT THIS AS FACT AND CHOKLAB's CLAIM AS FICTION !
    YES or NO????

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    swagdelfadeel likes this.
  8. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Kind of a racist smear don’t you think?

Are the censors watching?

9. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    You are all that's been exposed here!
    YOU ARE A DISHONEST POSTER.

10. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    NOPE Wilder lost 10 rounds of that fight but was saved by incompetent/corrupt judging.
    His best result so far quality wise, was his first win over Ortiz.

11. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    He pushed back clearly Louis in their fight. Louis weighed around what Wilder weighs. Once again semantics that have NOTHING to do with anything. Do you really think Wilder is much stronger if at all then Louis who was far more proven then he? Louis had praised Marcianos strength and he’s been in their with all kinds of shws. I’ll take the great Joe Louis word as far as Rocky’s strength goes.
    I wasn’t the one arguing about pushing back. Just that Marciano was strong enough to handle these larger men with no problem. Like I’ve previously stated there is plenty of evidence Marciano can hang w bigger men there is no evidence that he cant

choklab likes this.
  12. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    What did Wilder weigh against Fury when he got the draw? 212 and a half pounds. What did Louis weigh against Marciano? 213 and three quarter pounds. By your rule, not mine, Is it really honest to say Marciano never pushed back an opponent heavier than Wilder was in an important fight, in a fight that actually counts on his resume?

13. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Nope , in his last outing Louis weighed.213.3/4lbs
    Wilder in his last outing weighed 231lbs.
    If you want to enlarge on this, feel free to add up all their career weights and arrive at an average and I guarantee you Wilder will be significantly the heavier man.

YES OR NO?

I'm proving Choklab's statement was false its as simple as that.I couldn't care less about all the other ****. One man is making false statements on this thread, and it ain't me!

14. choklab

Dec 31, 2009

I think you are telling lies again. Which of these scores officially list fury losing 10 rounds: Phil Edwards 113-113 | Alejandro Rochin 115-111 | Robert Tapper 112-114?

It is okay to disagree with the official decision. But to imply the fight was not close does go against some of the factual evidence. For instance According to the official stats Tyson Fury landed 84 of 327 punches, Deontay Wilder 71 of 430. A difference of just 13 blows landed. So officially Fury landed on average one more punch a round. And his punches were visibly lighter.

Add that to the fact that Fury was flat on his back and “out” in a last round situation that many times might have been waved off... and it cannot truthfully be entirely incompetent/corrupt judging can it?

15. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Apart from saying

1. wilder lost ten rounds against Fury...when the official stats show there was just 13 more punches landed overall by a man who was decked twice.

2. That Marciano never pushed back a man heavier than Wilder.

3. And also stating that (Lennox) Lewis was 205lb for most of his career.

This is intellectual dishonesty isn’t it?