Marciano vs Foreman... What Can The Rock Do?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by PetethePrince, Sep 4, 2009.

1. PetethePrince

PetethePrince Slick & Redheaded Full Member

May 30, 2009
    Put the tape in. I'm about 90% confident that Foreman weighed around 225. I saw Ringside Foreman and they talked about him looking good and being too light. More weight gave him the power he wanted. So I'll call your bluff... put the tape in.

2. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Peter,

I just popped my "Foreman-Zouski" fight on from '87........ Foreman was announced at a gross 267 lbs....... Foreman has his famous red trunks on with the blue trim and white stripes...... Also, Foreman actually sits down on a stool between rds...... Freaky..... Foreman quickly stopped doing that for later fights........

Steve Zouski was a fireman from California posing as a part-time boxer........ Zouski tuff, yet not very skilled or in the best of shape.......

MR.BILL

3. PetethePrince

May 30, 2009
    I concede then. I just searched youtube and low and behold he weighed in 267. Maybe I'm confusing some exhibition? I could swear Foreman was talking about knocking around some guy but felt that he was too light at the time. It wasn't the Qawi fight as he was fighting essentially a nobody.

4. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    Foreman 267 and Zouski is in at 205................. Foreman is a monster compared to the pale Zouski............. Arco arena in Sacramento........... Foreman is earning a measly 10 grand only for this effort....CHRIST...... Zouski, I assume, is getting paid a pepperoni pizza and a two liter bottle of Coca Cola with some buffalo wings on the side............ Hehehe...

MR.BILL

5. PetethePrince

May 30, 2009
    He doesn't look 267 though. He looks bigger in the gut in the Morrison fight. Maybe it's my eyes...

6. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    I thought Foreman looked his worst at 259 for Alex Stewart in 1992...... Foreman was very soft in the strike-zone area.. His arms were huge, but he had them love handles hanging off his sides.....
    :patsch

MR.BILL

7. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    I just finished with the 'Zouski' sleepwalk........ But I now have Foreman against Guido Trane from '88 rolling afterward....... Foreman at 243 looks much better and strong....... A good weight here for Foreman in 1988........ Al Bernstein and Ray Mancini call the action on ESPN....

MR.BILL

8. laxpdx

laxpdx Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Good post, and good strategy in theory. Only thing is, Foreman wasn't easy to get close to. In addition to jackhammer-like arms, Foreman was also a bully, always shoving his opponents. If Rocky can find a way around this, get to the body, and start pounding like he never has before, I also think he has a good chance at turning the fight in his favor.

9. road_warrior_99

road_warrior_99 Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2008
    I could see a wild fight with the 70's Forman admiring his solid one-two combination on Marciano, and then Marciano absorbing it and countering with a Suzie-Q right to the jaw. I see multiple knockdowns similar to Foreman-Lyle fight with the last man standing being declared the winner. I see Foreman winning on a stoppage in round six because of cuts and Marciano protesting viamently. Similar to how Foreman stopped Chuvalo.

Balder likes this.
  10. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    I think Foreman KO's Marciano BEFORE cuts and blood become a factor............... Foreman's punches were mashing; not slicing or dicing.......... Foreman's jab was long and stiff; Marciano would duck a few and eat a few....... Either way, Marciano is dead meat against the 1973 to 1976 Foreman......... Foreman of Africa in '74 does NOT lose to Marciano under them conditions............. Foreman lost in Africa because Ali was so superior and skilled.........

MR.BILL

11. Dempsey1238

Dempsey1238 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I think Rocky could shock Foreman at times. Rocky is a highly underated counter puncher.

He counter punch Lyle, LarSarza, and even Walcott and Charles. He was not always swining for the ko, but setting them up for a counter punch with feits and other arkward movements.

He was not always boring in like Fraizer.

Balder likes this.
  12. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Rope-a-dope. :p

13. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 30, 2006

What! You must be talking about another Rocky Marciano :D

14. PetethePrince

May 30, 2009
    Hehe :D

15. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    marciano's big heart and great recuperative powers wouldn't be enough against george's sledge-hammer fists.if foreman's left jab didn't open up enough cuts for the ref to stop the fight then he would KO marciano in 2.
    rocky never gave away 3 stone to anybody remotely like george foreman.