Marciano's Body Frame could easily be Tua and Tyson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by SuzieQ49, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004

correct, and he would still fight at a more torrent pace at 225 than all of the heavys today....James Toney is 5"9 1/2 and never had the natural mucle of Marciano...his body looked good for Holyfield at 210 but when he started coming in at 239 it was too much but Toney does not run, he just spars

2. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    agreed. look at the size difference in that video betweem him and patterson naturally. other posters here are neglecting this

3. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    You don't know that for sure.

4. MrMarvel

MrMarvel Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I don't think people appreciate how small Patterson actually was. He didn't consistently break 175 lbs until starting with this 27th fight in December, 1955, and on only one occasion before that did he scale more than 175 lbs. Three fights into his new career as a heavyweight he won the title eliminator and then faced light heavyweight champion Archie Moore for the vacant heavyweight title. The first time Patterson scaled 190 lbs was in his first fight with Johansson. He's typically listed at 6', but it's hard to believe he was that tall, even though he did fight in a crouch and in the video is sitting in the seat of his chair with his legs crossed sitting next to Marciano, while Marciano is sitting on his heavily padded read end on the front edge of the chair (this is the main reason Marciano looks taller). I can find no information disputing the figure of 6'. Patterson tried at various points in his career to bulk up, but even by the 1970s he was often fighting under 190 lbs.

The newspapers stories are fascinating. Patterson was a star from the git-go. The press intensively covered his career from the amateurs on.

One interesting albeit unrelated thing I found in reviewing the historical materials is that on the eve of the Patterson fight, Moore was charged with breach of contract for failing to marry a Mrs Mapp and for raping her 12-year-old daughter, Barbara Bivins, who was Jimmy Bivins adopted daughter. I will look into this further.

5. MrMarvel

MrMarvel Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Then you don't, either!

But it doesn't look like Woody will accept your premise. Neither will I. But you will have to live by it since you said it. It looks like your argument is fatally wounded.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

6. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005

REVOLVERMANIA! come on guys can't you all see by now that Mr. Marvel is Revolver/Pepping it. No one will ever fall into your traps again revolver. You are the reason ESB lost most of its top members, you wiped out more ESB top contenders than Sonny Liston on his way up.

7. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    Patterson weighed 196lb in his fights with liston respectivley

8. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I am prety sure this guy isnt revolver.

He is actualy quite reasonable as far as I can tell and does rate some old time fighters like Dempsey.

9. janitor

Feb 15, 2006
    You might well be right here but I am certain that a modern trainer would try to bulk him up for better or worse, even if he fought at cruiserweight.

10. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I thought he was Revolver too...

11. janitor

Feb 15, 2006
    I am prety sure that Revolver is either dead or has been banned from the internet for life.

A man like that would not be constitutionaly capable of sitting on his hands for the period since he last posted under one of his aliases.

Its a bit like how you would asume that Jack the Ripper either died or was encarcarated around the time the killings stopped.

12. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007

:lol:

Maybe he's alive and obsessing about handball.

13. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Ive no idea if he is Revolver but I love your simile!

14. AnthonyJ74

AnthonyJ74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2007
    The tried and true method for determining a man's frame size is to measure his wrist. Most medium-framed guys are around 7" - 8" around the wrist; above that is considered large frame. I envy guys with large wrists(large frames); there's so much more that can be done(physically, athetically) with a large body frame. There's just so much more skeletal mass to work with!

15. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    Janitor, I said it in another thread. Megaman, Pepping it, Revolver, Mr. Marvel all the same person. Now your right he has CALMED DOWN and is nowhere near as arrogant as he used to be, but if you checkout Mr. Marvels post and compare you can clearly without question know that he is Revolver. A laid back Revolver, but still Revolver.