Marcos René Maidana vs. Marcos Ernesto Cabrera Rodríguez

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 26, 2022.

El Chino or Yao?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2022.
  1. Maidana on points

42.9%
  2. Maidana by stoppage

57.1%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cabrera on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cabrera by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Fifth of March in Dubai.

"El Chino" Maidana will be competing for the first time since losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr. for the second time in 2014. "Yao" Cabrera, the Uruguayan-Argentinian influencer and YouTube vlogger referred to by some as the "Logan Paul of South America" is making his officially sanctioned pro debut.

Yes this is real.

sasto likes this.
  2. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    Maidana is a tough man and he does not play. If he is in any shape at all it will be an early KO for El Chino

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    El Chino looks in solid shape 6 weeks out. I think this comeback could be REAL. But i don't see him doing any damage in boxing. He's too old now. I'm not even sure i want to see him back in the ring. I loved Maidana in his prime. But it could be sad to see him now.

4. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    If Maidana is in good shape then I would favor him.

5. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Been almost seven and a half years... Time flies.

6. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Maidana is in the Heavyweight division now, right? If he wins a title, look for Canelo to challenge him for his belt.

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is set for middleweight.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Cuban southpaw heavyweight turned cruiserweight Ismaikel "The Rebel" Pérez is on the card as well...not quite as momentous as Maidana's return, but just his third outing since 2018 and he brings a little more name value on the marquee (although his opponent Vasil Ducár isn't much to get excited about).

9. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I'm glad you put "Yes this is real" because I saw what you posted in the other thread and assumed it was not real (be it a total fake, his son, just some other dude named Marcos Maidana, etc).

IntentionalButt likes this.
  10. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Ducar always brings the heat and if Perez isn't 100 percent he could lose.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    He obviously wants to bait Floyd into a third go-round, by copying him. Not that beating this Yao Cabrera character in a real fight exactly one-ups beating a Paul brother in an exhibition in terms of causing a ripple. I don't care how popular he is among Latinos, globally he's a total obscurity in comparison.

But, he is unretiring targeting a social media personality so there is definitely some mimicry involved. My guess is he wants to dust off a few of these guys, build his way up to popping Jake Paul's pro cherry and then demand Mayweather give him another payday.

Rumsfeld and sasto like this.