Marquez-Vasquez II, Round 5 - Knockdown or slip?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Antwuan Maxx, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    In the 5th round Vasquez went down but it was ruled a slip. Al Bernstein said it was due to their feet being tied up and Marquez missed with the right hand anyway. Not true. The over head replay clearly showed an exchange of left hooks, with Marquez's knocking Vasquez off balance. Their feet never got tied up, and Marquez landed partially to Vasquez's shoulder with a right hand as Vasquez was falling to the canvas. Sure Vasquez wasn't hurt, and he would have won the fight anyway, but that should have still been ruled a knockdown.

This content is protected

2. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Slip, Israel got up and went right after Rafa as if nothing happened, he simply slipped.

3. Antwuan Maxx

Apr 23, 2006
    I'm not saying the punch hurt Vasquez. What I'm saying is he went down as a result of a punch.

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
  5. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Were you guys even watching the same fight....Raph missed the punch...Izzy's feet obviously slipped (feet tangled was the wrong call by the announcer). When ya hit the canvas from no punch and a slip of the feet..............................its called a slip.

Seriously, what fight were you watching?

:huh

6. jyuza

jyuza Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Raf missed the punch and Vasquez was off balanced after trying to hit Marquez.

So definitely a slip.
    But Vasquez did scored a KD in the 6.

7. Antwuan Maxx

Apr 23, 2006
    Uhhh...what fight were you watching? The punch that "missed" actually landed to Vasquez's shoulder, but that's not the punch that did the damage. It was a left hook during an exchange that knocked Vasquez off balance. That's what I was watching.

8. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Not so. The replay clearly showed it to be a slip. Vazquez threw wild and landed a couple of bombs, whatever Marquez did get through in that exchange wasn't anywhere near as hard as the shots he took. Vazquez stunned him, and threw himself off balance with his own momentum. :good

9. cannabis

cannabis Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2006
    it was a slip; watch his left foot. it went out from underneath him. punches had nothing to do with it

10. Antwuan Maxx

Apr 23, 2006
    If that was true, he would have fell forward and not backwards.

11. emanuel_augustus

emanuel_augustus Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Exactly. There was a short clipping left hook from Marquez that I thought clearly caused the knockdown. Bernstein missed it, but he was looking for Marquez's right hand, not the left. Watch the replay, you'll see the left hand land. That was no slip.

12. jyuza

jyuza Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2005
    His legs made a weird move that provok the slip.

13. Antwuan Maxx

Apr 23, 2006
    Resulting from a short left hook. His balance was fine up until the point the punch landed.

14. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    people were slipping all night on the decal in the ring. Vasquez was punching and the replay shows the punch miss everything. He fell right down you see his feet slip up. This is a ******ed conspiracy theory. They need to stop that dumb ass decal in the ring ****. I know you got to advertise but make the **** with the pattern of the ring mat instead that cheap ass iron on ****..lol

15. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Marquez even slipped one time Vasquez hit him with a right hand and Marquez was reeling back and slipped and fell in to the ropes. I seen about 15 slips in the ring that night between the two fights.