Martin Bakole vs Daniel Dubois sparring rumour

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jun 20, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Tom Little said that he has been informed that Daniel Dubois “quit” in a sparring session with Billy Nelson’s Martin Bakole last week.

I used to take Billy’s hyping of his fighters with a pinch of salt but after Lewis Ritson has totally backed up and delivered on Nelson’s hype and hearing about this sparring rumour I’m gonna take this Bakole guy seriously.

He’s fighting on Spike this Saturday, will try and catch him because even if he’s boxing some @Jurgen ’s favourite boxer, A.Pudding, it’s easy to see his skills and speed on the eye test.

2. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    At the open workout today the guy interview said he's been down sparring with Dubois and Dubois been next big thing etc and Billy said something along the lines of "if you think Dubois is that good then after last week Martin is way ahead, also said he's the best natural fighter he's coached by a long distance

Scissors and CutThroatFade like this.
  3. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Eddie Hearn said last week that Nelson used to rave about Ritson and begged him to put him on his shows.

After seeing the Ritson success story so far, Eddie should take heed of Nelson’s hype and just throw Bakole on one of his undercards. Not much to lose is there, and Sky can mention that he is Makabu’s brother.

Potwash, Scissors, Twentyman and 3 others like this.
  4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Martin looks the real deal. Has a promotional contract with Cyclone. Unless they invest big money in him to get him good oponents he will struggle to fulfil his potential.

kevinreid001 likes this.
  5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Ah I wasn’t aware he had a deal with Cyclone. Well so long as Taylor keeps winning, he’ll at least have high profile undercard slots for now.

Scissors and kevinreid001 like this.
  6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Widely reported he spars AJ....so...how does he get on sparring Joshua? Any reports?

7. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think Big Billy has a lot of money invested in this fella,didnt he bring him over etc etc

He looked absolutely dug sh1t on the pads and is probably pushing 40!!!

Saying that i hope Nelson has a bit of luck and this big lump turns out to make them both some coin

lencoreastside likes this.
  8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Bakole looks really really good, extremely powerful.

I saw his fight against Akinlade and he destroyed him in 1 round. Akinlade took Gorman the distance the fight before.

I can definitely believe this sparring rumour.

The key thing for Bakole is that he needs to be moved quickly as I doubt that his stated age of 26 is correct. He looks at least 5 years older than that to me.

9. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Surprise! It's Daniel Dubois victim D.L. Jones.

10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    this is the younger brother of the guy bellew won the wbc cruiserweight title from

time for him to step up a bit now

11. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He is good, no doubt. I've seen him live and on TV a few times. Very fluid puncher but hasn't had to really step out of first gear yet. I don't agree with Nelson that 'he beats them all' but assuming he isn't packing china then he should do well on the scene.

DJN16 and moog like this.
  12. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    The problem is no one really has seen him needs more fights more exposure

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Billy Nelson is a very underrated trainer on here who would be in big demand if he relocated South.

Looking at Ricky Burns since he left Billy and Joe Gallagher's plod forward in straight lines style, there are many pros about who would greatly improve under Billy Nelson.

Would love to see the big man have a go at training someone like Eubank Jnr.

Twentyman, moog, Potwash and 4 others like this.
  14. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    true billy takes a lot abuse on here but achieved hell of a lot with Ricky and bigged up ritson when basicly no one had heard of him Agree with cej even sumone like quigg aso benifit

15. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I dont know Len but reading between lines, i think he does well. I say that as i believe he went down to spar 8 founds with Joshua and they kept him in camp and he done 50 rounds with him in end (not all in the one day lol).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    lencoreastside and Scissors like this.