Martin Bakole

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by billy nelson, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Fair play I didn't know either of these facts. On junior - he was iced on his debut so there may be a dodgy chin there. Billy, have you looked into training and basing Junior here too?

2. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No juniour is based in South Africa, really nice man we communicate regular re-Martin both are very close.

3. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    From what I've seen Martin is clearly a big talent. I look forward to see what he achieves in the future.

4. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    Thanks mate he is and a real nice guy to go with it

5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Agree on bottom three 100%. On AJ time will tell, he has better head movement, hand speed, and footwork than AJ. Though over a longer fight he needs to cut out fancy footwork when out of range as it will zap energy, that and cutting ring off. Sort that and if he has a chin and outstanding fitness boy will he a world champion in my humble opinion.

6. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Britain is either the hotspot or on brink of being the hotspot of world boxing. In America they adopt foreign fighters who base themselves as one of their own as you need international talent in your country to be at the top so I hope Martin Bakole is adopted like that by the people of this country. And though his main reason for getting Martin over here will be sporting and not financial I hope one day the boy is still with Billy when he gets to the top and Billy gets a wad out of boxing, as let's be honest very few trainers do.

7. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    The reason Martin approached me was he liked my coaching methods, my gym and the guys in the gym

8. mgmark7

mgmark7 Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Will Shane McGuigan be involved in the training as well as yourself Billy?

9. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I guessed that. Bet your on-here like me trying to take your mind out the fitba lol

10. billy nelson

Jan 9, 2009
    No I train him myself

mgmark7 likes this.
  11. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    It's ok moog a few years u be back mate haha. Ko hope none u watched fury fight jesus awful.

12. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    How quicky you looking move him bill hw division plenty money be made just now chisora defo on slide euro level ain't great ether plenty gd match up to be made

13. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Just put him in with Dubois then take it from there

14. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Kamil Sokolowski is better than his record indicates, he's got a couple of upset wins over prospects so if Martin takes him out it will be a good look.

15. mgmark7

mgmark7 Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2009
    It looks like you guys have a great relationship. Will you train him up the road or down south?

The next couple of years are going to be interesting with the UK heavyweight scene. There is a wide range of talent there. Looking forward to watching this play out. I still remember the days of the "British" heavyweight, now it is becoming the place to be.

I watched the Parker/ Fury fight. Draw would have been fair in my opinion. Do you think Martin could deal with Hughie's movement? If he develops a bit of pop in punches Hughie could be a dominant force in the years to come.

If you are in London and need a sports massage therapist give me shout, good rates for fellow Scots