Martin Bakole

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Oct 19, 2019.

1. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    How old is he?

Badbot likes this.
  2. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Bakole looked quite solid. He looks as ancient as Ortiz, but he is still in his late 20´s. So the best is yet to come, and I think Bakole has a lot to offer.

I really like the lad who refereed the Johnson bout, did a fantastic job.

3. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    His older brother is 31 going on 48.

CST80 and Big Ukrainian like this.
  4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I was told to name one heavyweight mike hunter beat by a povetkin fan. I’ll take bakole over povetkin.

CST80 and Angler Andrew like this.
  5. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Let him fight Usyk

6. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Let him fight Majidov..maybe not next but soon.

7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    They should put him in with ddd

CST80 and KeedCubano like this.
  8. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Bakole just stopped his fourth granite-chinned foe in a row. Rodney Hernandez, who has never been knocked down before and while beign stopped in 5th by Efe Ajagba, he never was hurt in that fight. Bakole knocked Hernandez out in two rounds.

What next opponent with a sturdy chin will be KO'ed by Bakole? Rudenko? Or Allen?

Scissors, CST80 and Serge like this.
  9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wach, Johnson, Perea, and Hernandez have incurred just 5 combined stoppages losses between them in over 130 fights. It's obviously not a coincidence Bakole is getting these teak-tough customers out of there even though some of them have obviously seen better days and one of those losses was on a hand injury and another of them was premature.

10. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Actually Wach both stoppage losses were caused by injutruy (cut vs Povetkin and arm injury vs Miller), Johnson's one TKO loss was caused by cut (to Petar Milas) and Hernandez was stopped prematurely by referee in Ajagba fight. The only legit KO loss of all them was Joshua vs Johnson stoppage.

Serge likes this.
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Impressive. My recollection of the end of Povetkin vs Wach is a little vague. I just remember thinking that it was premature and that Wach could've made it to the final bell albeit he had shipped a lot of heavy punishment.

I remember seeing HLs of Johnson vs Millas and I know the later dropped Johnson heavily and also cut him badly.

I've not seen all of Ajagba vs Hernandez but from what I recall of the finish it looked to me like the later had shipped a lot of damage and I didn't have a problem with the stoppage. Again my recollection of it is a bit vague though.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  12. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Warren would be foolish to do that. Go back to the Richard Lartey fight.

DDD would most likely win but why risk that one? Bakole is a sharper puncher then DDD and is a huge risk at this point,i would also favor Bakole over hunter if they fought again.

DDD needs to have more fights and be careful even in winnable fights hes a current top 3 prospect and would benefit staying undefeated going into 2021.

13. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Another match I hope to see, I think one goes on to a title fight however before the other ( Joyce ) and that fight only happens if Joyce loses it. I still favor Joyce ,I think I have him at number 5 or so head to head I have Bakole around 15/16 but the clash of styles makes it a nail biter in some spots .