Martinez-Chavez Jr . [AFTERMATH: Jr gives no credit to Sergio]

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Prince., Aug 28, 2012.

1. Prince.

Prince. 24/7 365 Full Member

Jul 26, 2011
    How dare JCC Jr tell Sergio that no one loves him. We all do. JCC Jr is a spolit bully who baloons in weight upon fight night and has Jose Suliman in his back pocket.

Sergio is the truth. God willing this fight will end early by JCC Jr. being dropped with a left hook.

2. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    Episode 1 added.

Enjoy.

3. persianprince

persianprince Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 29, 2011
    What the difference is that Martinez will actually be very motivated unlike he was in his previous fights. So we well see a repeat of Pavlik and Williams 2

4. Undisputed

Undisputed Cant G no other way Full Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I see the intensity in sergio for this fight.He was lacking that element in his previous fights against barker and macklin. Good to know hes going in there with a seek and destroy mentality

5. Dorfmeister

Dorfmeister Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 8, 2007
    The small sample but one sample taken from fanatic boxing fans votes should be the proof that no way in hell this is a 50-50 fight. So at best Junior's fans are expecting him to fight much above he has done recently and that that sat night Sept 15 will be a very bad night in Martinez career, as simple as that.

6. MonkeyEarMuffs

MonkeyEarMuffs Dynamite Upper! Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
    As a fan of boxing and an ardent supporter of Mexican boxing, I am absolutely appalled by Jr.'s behavior. He lacks class and honestly, reeks of fear and insecurity. Whatever confidence he has is in no way self imposed. He is running on fumes right now, lapping up the well wishes and uneducated opinions of his inner-circle. Frankly, even Freddie looks like he doesn't feel confident about the fight.

The sad reality is that, Martinez winning this match is justice served. Jr. is a chump. He's good, but not good enough. The idea that he can perfect his trade while holding on to the belt and avoiding tough fights is absurd. Martinez has every right to want to exact some good old-fashioned ring justice on this clown, and for one, support this completely.

Jr. is a freaking overweight hype-job being shoved down our throats by greedy promoters. I can already see them trying to sell his badboy, "does what he wants, when he wants" image, and I see them counterbalancing that with his "charity work" in the form of his relationship with his father. (Rehab Etc.) I'm not buying it. Yeah, I understand, your dad is a legend, and we should give you the benefit of the doubt, and let you build as a fighter, but NOT while you wear a belt and completely undermine the value of the middle weight title.

This kid needs to be stopped, and in spectacular fashion. I **** you not, Chavez winning this fight is a victory for promoters, HBO and the commissions involved in ruining our sport.

I'm almost positive we haven't even begun to see how ridiculous this is going to get...

7. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    Great 8th post ****** : )

8. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZB1esUDLfA[/ame]

9. iceman71

iceman71 WBC SILVER Champion Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
    good stuff....as always

10. iceman71

iceman71 WBC SILVER Champion Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
    :deal

11. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    Chavez Sr: If Margarito KO'd Sergio, Julio Can Too!

The legendary Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is confident his son can stop pound-for-pound fighter Sergio Martinez on September 15th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Chavez Jr., undefeated and groomed as the next emerging superstar in boxing, will defend his legacy and his WBC middleweight crown. A crowd of 18,000 strong is expected at the venue.

"The training is very strong. My son knows what he wants, he is not a child. He knows that he's in a difficult fight, a hard fight, and that is why he is taking things very seriously. He realizes the commitment that he has. He is confident of winning this fight. He knows that he has all of the necessary attributes to overcome Martinez, and this is the fight where he hopes to gain the respect and recognition of everyone," Julio Sr. said.

"Julio is much younger, much stronger, he will have [an army] of Mexicans [at the venue]. All of that will be the difference in the match. They have underestimated my son. I think Julio hungry for the recognition and respect of everyone who does not believe in him. Martinez has lost two fights and a Mexican [Antonio Margarito] knocked him out! So why can't my son knock him out? If the Berlin Wall fell and the Twin Towers fell, why can't Martinez fall as well? "

Chavez (46-0, 32 KOs and a draw) and Martinez (49-2, 28 knockout and two draws) will be produced and distributed live on pay per view by HBO.

12. mclovellin87

mclovellin87 el Terrible Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Totally agree with you here. I would hate to see Jr. win after all the **** him and his team have been pulling recently and his general attitude. It would be bad for the sport.

13. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Does anyone here actually pick Chavez Jr. to defeat Martinez ? Unless the 37 year old Martinez has a sudden physical breakdown I see this as a mismatch ... an insult that Chavez Jr. gets top billing on 24/7 but let's face it, it is his name which is making this possibly a big fight with hispanic fans in the first place and they need to sell the PPV ... I see Martinez beating him badly with a stoppage inside of six rounds ...

14. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm picking Martinez but he is 37 so you just don't know when he's going to get old to a younger man, although he is very very fit for his age. Chavez has certainly improved allot and against Williams pressure Martinez was taken to the wire

15. salty trunks

salty trunks Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2009
    THe only way Chavez wins is the same way he beat Lee. Hes going to have to out strength him and I dont think that will happen. Martinez is quick active and in good shape so I expect him to stop Chavez Jr mid to late fight on cuts or ref stoppage on his feet. Chavez has a good chin but hes easy to hit so it will be interesting to see if he can just walk through Martinez but I dont expect it. Martinez is just too mobile and smart. Martinez TKO8