Martinez-Chavez Jr . [AFTERMATH: Jr gives no credit to Sergio]

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Prince., Aug 28, 2012.

1. Sister Sledge

Sister Sledge Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Who cares. I'm picking Sexy Sergio for the win, though.

2. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    Martinez by stoppage. Mid-rounds. Book it.

And Ward will beat Dawson too. Close but clear.

3. dpw417

dpw417 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 13, 2007
    I'm picking a Martinez stoppage win over Chavez in the 11th round. It will be Martinez's bodywork, not Chavez's that will be the difference...but with that being said, I applaud Chavez for stepping up and WANTING to prove he is the best...he could have side stepped the challenge but didn't...

4. salty trunks

salty trunks Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Im very interested to see how this fight plays out. I dont know why Dawson took it. Hes not an active fighter, but he could be. He doesnt let his hands go when he should. He should be chasing bigger slower guys not smaller faster guys. I think its a bad fight for Dawson but Dawson is as good as Ward when he lets his hands go so it should be interesting to see how this fight plays out. I have a feeling Dawson will get outpointed too.

5. Mrtibbs

Mrtibbs Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I see Chavez vs Martinez as a very close fight.

I dont see why everyone is dismissing Chavez so easily.

The size weight difference is going to be huge.

IMO its a 50/50 fight.

6. red cobra

red cobra Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Martinez will tko Chavez late...and look good doing so. he said he would put the hurt on Jr and make him "retire" from boxing...well, Jr won't retire, but he'll be beaten.

7. JC2006

JC2006 Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Martinez will get ****ed on the cards.

8. Prince.

Prince. 24/7 365 Full Member

Jul 26, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiwpQvOkXRU&[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3rbvjODIyI&[/ame]

9. Undisputed

Undisputed Cant G no other way Full Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I was surprised to hear sergio say that kelly pavlik was the hardest puncher he had faced.

10. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    This content is protected

11. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    This content is protected

12. MonkeyEarMuffs

MonkeyEarMuffs Dynamite Upper! Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I really think that a huge motivation for Sergio is the timing of the fight. He needs to move forward with his career and make the big money fights while he still can. His style doesn't allow for graceful aging due to its high energy/reflex requirement. Ever since getting screwed by HBO and Sulaiman for the WBC belt, (the debacle that was the Zbik/Dzinziruk match-ups) it ultimately resulted in a string of fights against good, but lesser known fighters which naturally put millage on Sergio.(not in the physical sense, but it was wasting time that Martinez, frankly, has little of.) This is BS. In the meantime, Jr. was dodging the mandatory challenger in Martinez while wearing the strap and being groomed as the second half to HBO's Mexican boxing rebirth. This entire story reads of boxing high drama, culminating in a PPV between the true, recognized middleweight champion in Martinez, and the promoter-backed hype-job in Chavez Jr. The real kicker here is that enthusiast and casual observers alike are hooked. The casual observer is hooked by the opportunity to see a star be born, and the enthusiast, hooked by their sheer desire for even the slightest chance of a drop of f*cking justice for the displaced champion.

What is a real f*cking shame is that people actually talk about the fight like it's fair at all. It's a horrible mismatch, as the disparity in actual skill, ring generalship and boxing knowledge is terribly skewed to Martinez's side. Chavez Jr. is a B level fighter being held up by deceptive promoters, greedy governing bodies, and a key sport broadcaster that is, to put it lightly, less and less credible as time goes on. HBO has been, for a long time, a part of the problem, but this mess is squarely placed on their distaste for where the middle weight landscape was headed, and what they envisioned as an ideal, read: "Cost effective" direction for the sport to go.

As long as the ruling class (promoters, organizations, and broadcasters) are calling the shots, boxing will never truly be a sport for the people, which is what it truly is supposed to be. The sport has been hijacked by the people who care the least about it. The people who support Chavez are buying what the ruling class is selling. It's a scam. The sport is just as much about the displaced, disenfranchised, lower-class every-man, as it is about the master pugilists, the brainy sportsman, and the heir of a legendary fighter. It is for EVERYONE, not for whomever the ruling class deems "culturally/ethically acceptable/ marketable".

Sergio HAS to win, because he's NOT supposed to. They are softening us up to the idea that Chavez was too much, too big, too strong, underrated, and fistically-capable/able. They did this so that they can make the pill easy to swallow when Chavez comes in at 180 lbs, for a guy he brags about knocking out easily, or for when they rob Martinez blind, in the off chance he gets to the last bell.

I fear that Chavez comes in heavy, loses the belt at the scales and counts on Martinez going through with the fight anyway, for pride and money alone. And what we will see is less like a fight, and more of a mugging. Afterwards, Chavez campaigns at another weight while the middle weight belt is vacant and Martinez's credibility is questioned, and wrongfully so, as he'd be fighting a cruiser weight that night. This fight is about building Chavez's name, and I am positive they are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal. A win over Martinez, regardless of the questionable circumstances surrounding it, is worth more than a legit loss to a pound for pound champion.

Martinez HAS to win this fight.

13. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikkQFsZK_8M&[/ame]

14. Prince.

Jul 26, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKrpHFfew7w[/ame]

Jr. is having nightmares.

15. knockout artist

knockout artist Boxing Addict banned

Sep 24, 2011
    Thanks for posting it all up Prince.

Maravilla Ballerina is gonna dance rings around Chavez and batter him all night