Masvidal announces rematch with Usman

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Bokaj, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    This content is protected

Can there be any interest in this fight? Can't see any reason why it should be less one-sided and boring than the last one.

Aussie Invader likes this.
  2. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    No interest in this fight Usman wins again. Masvidal doesn't deserve a rematch. I would much rather see Thompson, Colby or Edwards fight Usman because we all know all of them beat Masvidal. UFC is not run as a sport it's run as a popularity contest money making venture which isn't fair to the fighters who don't get what they rightfully deserve. Sick of watching pointless rematches, how about giving the champ a fresh matchup. Geeeez

3. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I'd be pissed if i was Colby if this is true after all the beef they have and huge money to go on The Ultimate Fighter but Jorge turned it down. Also destroyed Woodley as a come back fight.
    Dana hinted a couple of weeks back that he preferred the Usman v Colby fight as it was much closer and exciting despite the stoppage.
    Also take into account Colby had Usman hurt bad with a body kick but the ref said low blow and let Usman recover.
    Good chance Colby would of finished Usman off as he was barely able to move yet the refs dud call saved it.

If Jorge is getting another walk in shot that in no way he deserves it as he has ducked and dived all other legit rivalries with Edwards and Colby. he will again just get ragged dolled and look helpless on the ground again.

Aussie Invader and Suspect.chin like this.
  4. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    I'll watch it

5. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    i will watch it but i think it will be the same as the first one yes

6. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I hope Masvidall beats Usman and i expect a better performance with a full camp this time but i suspect it will be the exact same result and likely as boring az there last fight and most of Usmans fights.
    Im not sure it will be as big as there last fight unless there is a good undercard as Masvidal doesnt have the heat he had going into that fight and i think he should have fought Colby 1st in what would have been a huge fight with the coverage from being TUF coaches.
    I think he must know he likely would have the same struggles with Colby and his wrestling and is taking a title opportunity that may not come his way again

7. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Tbh, his last number of fights Usman has not been boring at all.

Suspect.chin likes this.