Matchroom Fight Pass

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Friars 1980, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Ryan the Liar

Ryan the Liar Active Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Will you be able to do this on sky? will be better than boxnation which offers nothing apart from US fights.

2. Black_Rainbows

Black_Rainbows Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Didn't think this was a Sky thing, but an internet stream thing?

http://au.eurosport.com/boxing/matc...r-matchroom-fight-pass_sto4320491/story.shtml

Matchroom has joined forces with regional promoters Dave Coldwell, Steve Wood and Steve Goodwin to launch Matchroom Boxing Fight Pass – a new membership service that will stream live bills as well as giving members priority ticket booking to Matchroom shows and exclusive content.

The Fight Pass will give members access to up to 10 additional fight nights per year streamed live in full HD at MatchroomBoxing.com. With the launch planned for August, the first event takes place on September 12 as Coldwell Boxing presents ‘In The Line of Fire’ at Ice Sheffield, topped by the English Welterweight title clash between Rotherham's Chad Gaynor (15-1) against the unbeaten Londoner Ahmet Patterson (12-0) and also featuring Rossington southpaw Maxi Hughes (12-1-1) versus Manchester's Joe Murray (14-1) as well as a rematch between Sheffield's Jerome Wilson and exciting Cameroonian Serge Ambomo (3-0).

The Fight Pass will cost £29.95 per year. As well as the access to the shows and advance ticket purchasing, exclusive content will include highlights, interviews and magazine show fronted by iFL TV’s Kugan Cassius. Subscribers will also receive a welcome pack including a Matchroom Boxing t-shirt. Pricing for individual fight cards is expected to be announced shortly....

3. Mufc30

Mufc30 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Agreed, they have to in reality. My point was this wont affect subscription levels for the 14/15 season in such a sizeable way as Pro Punter suggests.

No doubt there will be an annual increase this August time of around £1-£2 a month

4. Mufc30

Jan 28, 2013
    Yeh i got that impression, i wonder if it is succesful if Sky will put it on a live streaming service through the TV box, similair to their movie streaming? I know they arent the same as the boxing would be Live streaming but who knows...

5. dhoni182

dhoni182 Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2012
    £29.95 a year is not a bad price. If I get to see more boxing then it's a good thing in my book.

6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    How long until Hearn states that he's got more Fight Pass subscriptions than Boxnation has subscribers?

It'll be interesting to see how this effects IFL TV going forward- will they still do as many YouTube interviews? Will Frank allow them at his shows given this tie up?

7. Bozz1983

Bozz1983 Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Seems a decent enough deal and at £2.50 a month you can't really complain.

Streaming in Full HD too which is a bonus, just hook your PC upto your TV and your off

8. The Genius

The Genius Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I thought Eddie didn't approve of managers being promoters, and promoters being managers.

9. LeeJonesJnr

LeeJonesJnr Active Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I believe the aim is for this to grow into a 'proper' boxing channel, though as is the way these days, online only. Coldwell already has a really decent app for streaming their shows and accessing old shows on demand for those of you who didn't know.

10. Friars 1980

Friars 1980 New Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2010
    So it is £30 a year to register then pay extra for each bill

11. Mufc30

Jan 28, 2013
    I suggest you read the press release again

12. The Genius

The Genius Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I reckon this will go tits up.

13. Bozz1983

Bozz1983 Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    No. Its EITHER £30.00 a year for everything, OR you can pay per bill (Would guess around £5)

Agree on the Coldwell TV App, its decent. Have watched some good scraps on that.

14. JACK McWAVEY

JACK McWAVEY Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2010
    :lol:

some people need to think before they type

15. Mufc30

Jan 28, 2013
    You mean you want it to Francis