Matthew Saad Muhammad vs Yvon Durelle

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by OP_TheJawBreaker, Oct 12, 2021 at 9:39 PM.

Who wins

1. Durelle TKO

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Saad TKO

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Durelle Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Saad Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Durelle KO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Saad KO

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  7. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I gave my answer Saad and I'd be prepared to have a substantial bet on it.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I don't see what in Durrele's record suggests he hits harder than Pops or Gregory. I doubt he does, and I certainly doubt he hits harder than them by a significant amount. A quote from a fighter whose inconsistencies are so frequent the guy can't even agree with his mother on the year he was born does not make him a great puncher. And it takes a lot more than a wild, heavy-handed slugger to beat Saad. Out-monstering Saad at light heavyweight is suicide for someone with no defence.

Saad would smash up that version of Moore. Moore was failing to beat Howard King and Giulio Rinaldi around that time. The version of Moore who fought Marciano was like the version of Walcott who fought Marciano.

3. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Whether Durelle had comparable or superior power isn't the issue for me ,the fact that he did not have the necessary skills to effectively apply that power is the issue .Knocking down an ancient Moore,[45 according to his Mother,] means what? He couldnt keep him down could he?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 4:10 AM
    George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Saad by KO mid to late rounds. Mathew could use his jab and have the edge from the outside but he won't. He'll go in and take it to the alley or the trenches. Nobody had more heart or stamina than Muhammad.

Tonto62 likes this.
  5. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    sometimes a fighter gets overrated from a strong performance in a losing effort. I've been guilty of doing that with a fighter. The losing part is the key part.

Tonto62 and George Crowcroft like this.
  6. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    True, Moore's previous performance was a draw against Harold Carter 37-15-6 Carter had lost his last 4, would beat a fellow journeyman in his next fight ,then lose his next 4 four.

ETM likes this.