Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Sep 4, 2021.
never realized this
ah starting to make sense now
Hearn saying he originally thought Lara wanted a way out and that Warrington looked great. They’re something else that lot.
Hahahahahaha Warrington was only getting away with it because the ring was size of terminal 3
I wonder if Liam Walsh will look back one day and think what might have been.
Maxi Hughes has been an incredible run since he lost to Walsh a couple of years ago and that was a great win last night.
Did he also make kids proteins shakes. Your blaming him for everything else.
As for the butt's he pulled jw moments b4 the last clash of heads to watch what he was doing. It happens when people are letting the hands go. Either way it was a awful result for both lads.
I was actually disgusted by that comment. I mean FFS Hearn is a promoter it's not his place to question a fighter's heart. Promote the fecker and shut your gob.
The Tennyson fight was the exception. Apart from that he has lost every fight outside of Mexico.
I just read an article on the guardian that seems to suggest Warrington was on his way to winning and it’s a shame for him that this happened. They can’t expect us to buy this narrative. He maybe edged the first round, but he was shipping heavy shots and Lara was clearly the stronger more powerful man again. The only reason it’s unfortunate for Warrington is that he’ll probably have to fight this guy again in 6 months.
As for Warrington’s team saying Lara has no heart, they’re scum and I wouldn’t expect better. I saw that ifl video of them at the open workout talking about beating the **** out of Lara’s team, safe in the knowledge that they don’t understand what they’re saying.
Here's my thoughts in a nutshell
- Hopey Price improving every time I see him and got rid of his opponent in next to no time in a fight that was expected to go rounds. Bags of potential.
- Maxi Hughes stole the show, superb performance. Slipping shots, setting traps, working the head and body... he was quality last night.
- Connor Benn came out like an absolute lunatic throwing bombs and Granados effectively went into a shell and ran most of the night... he did not want to engage at all and how the **** he can think he actually won is beyond me. Benn is certainly an entertaining watch but he needs to screw the nut on being so reckless... at one point he threw a shot and ended up doing a full 360 spin. If he's open like that at the top level he'll get chinned. However...... a good win and very important rounds under his belt that will serve him well going forward.
- Katie Taylor for as much as I think her achievements are exceptional I simply cannot get on the bandwagon. Clearly a trailblazer for woman's boxing but I just find her boring, maybe it's just me. Either way in her post fight interview when she's tired and with her voice breaking every second word she sounds ****ing mental lol
- Warrington v Lara was shaping up to be a really good fight. Lara's power was again evident but Warrington looked much sharper and far more switched on this time round. I don't think the cut was intentional but that said, he went in with his head a few times prior which Lara complained about.... Steve Gray didn't stamp down on it from the off and low n behold the fight ends up getting stopped. Warrington should hopefully get out again this year and then have the trilogy early next year which I'll certainly watch.
Side note - Warrington's old man is an absolute ****ing tool.
Wow just seen that video you were referring to at the end. Zero class at all and no surprise to see Nick Manners involved.
Sean needs to grow up and look in the mirror. I don’t think he’ll have seen his own **** in the shower in a couple of decades. He ain’t booting anyone in the state he’s in now. Pathetic. I’d love to see them out of their comfort zone in a Mexican gym giving it the big ‘un.
That was hilarious. Johnny Vegas muttering under his breath so none of the Mexicans could actually hear him
Can you please tell me where i can see that video
If Sean O'Hagan kicked off on you, you would honestly not want to risk it for his own safety and your future as there is a very real chance that the fat mess would die of a heart attack and you could end up with a manslaughter charge.