Max Baer V Wlad Klitschko.?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, Nov 24, 2021.

1. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 30, 2019
    Perfect description of the author of this post :D

2. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I love Baer as a larger than life character .. the advantages had in the 30's were his size, reach, strength, chin and power .. he really didn't have anything but a solid chin here going against Wlad .. I see Wlad by a dominant , safe decision.

3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Sloopy.

70sFan865 likes this.
  4. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Your green smiley at the end of your post, has Lucky Charms Marshmallow residue on his teeth, and he needs a shave.

Glass City Cobra and BCS8 like this.
  5. White Bomber

White Bomber Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Wlad mops the floor with him, he KOs Baer whenever he wants.

BCS8 and moneytheman12 like this.
  6. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Their's moving the goal posts then their's changing the venue.

Glass City Cobra and Tonto62 like this.
  7. Balder

Balder Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Max Baer could surprise in this fight. Depends on if he takes it seriously .

8. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Active Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    you forget they like to say those were big men that louis beat oh he beat big men like max galento and others

yet acting blind to the men louis beat were rookies compared to real big men in 70s-90s real big men who knew how to punch with good tech and who knew how to use their size

a issue would mean those dudes would have a chance they all would be destroyed quick by wlad and fury and a joshua

9. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    he wouldnt waste time I say a handful like 5 or maybe 3

max has a punchers chance which would mean he could catch wlad with a big shot how when he wouldnt be able to land any shot at all some idiots here like always

White Bomber likes this.
  10. kaapa2

kaapa2 New Member Full Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Joe Louis most definitely knew and could "maximize his punches". I know you have admitted that Joe Louis had great punching technique, but I also expect you to counter my post by saying that Joe Louis didn't use angles and didn't "move good". I don't really bother arguing that since I know the discussion won't go anywhere. Other people have argued with you hundreds of pages about your views of "movement" and nothing has changed to this day (or that's what it seems like and trust me, I know since I have seen your opinions back when you hadn't even joined boxing24 and were still arguing in Youtube comment sections, to my misfortune).

Joe Louis did exactly what your criteria is. He maximized the effectiveness of his punches. In other words, he didn't waste energy and was extremely powerful and efficent. Now just to be clear, I'm not saying Baer had an iron chin. All I'm trying to do is to disprove your statement, since I saw a noticeable flaw in it.

11. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    well it wont change me saying he didnt use angles cause nobody will show he did thats why I keep saying it

my fact is true to Louis doesn't count ether they stood in front of him

you can't find a flaw in max chin cause he never fought anybody who moved advanced and who like I said maximize their punches it was basic like I said come forward

that quote of being efficient worked then it never would in 70s-90 he would have to move more

anybody could have did that with lil better then average skills to those people Louis fought so yea he had good effectiveness they stood right there

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  12. kaapa2

kaapa2 New Member Full Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Fair enough. I think our views on whether Joe Louis was good at using angles are so different, even a video wouldn't resolve anything. So in the end, I said what I said and you said what you said.

13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Big Baer is getting wiped out.

Klitschko simply destroys the oaf

BCS8 and moneytheman12 like this.
  14. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    he was good at angles but thats for his era and before only when compared to 70s-90s he was basic like the rest of the era he was in

if you ever seen his jersey was way more advanced then louis and the whole era and before and Louis looked way outdated when he fought Jersey thats the thing I always tell you people and you act blind to it like I just make it up no it's on video

jersey is the only one that could do good in the 70s-90s he just would have to gain more power and become more polished

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  15. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I know Max even fought Joe Louis.

70sFan865 likes this.