Max Baer V Wlad Klitschko.?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Why are you all saying bad things about everyone?

2. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Stop calling people who disagree with you idiots.
    It is wrong, immature, petty & not brave.

Nobody had been mean to you, even though you predictably automatically pick anyone who is larger or more "modern".
    The exact mirror-image equivalent of those who always favor old-timers, regardless of the logistics or details.

People were patient & kind to you when you did not seem to understand basic facts & reasoning so often repeated & explained to you. When the grammar & syntax of your posts is so mixed up that it is a chore to even understand precisely what you mean.

STILL people are not being malicious & calling you or people who reflexively always choose recent fighters as superior iditos.

Stop it or you will get banned again.
    And if so, you will deserve it for bringing down the civility, reputation & appeal of our forum.

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Baer has the tools to beat Klitschko but I highly doubt he'd actually get it done. And by the tools, I mean a good chin and a thunderous power - he doesn't have much else.

Wlad would likely not take too many chances and just jab and grab his way to a boring decision. He might, if the mood struck him, decide to try and time Baer's wild attack and take him out but I think going off his career, this is unlikely.

4. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Whilst not very good to look at, Wlad made that style work well.

BCS8 likes this.
  5. Cojimar 1946

Cojimar 1946 Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2014
    I think the cruiserweights of Klitschko's era beat Baer frankly.

Maybe Baer vs Huck would be a better matchup

MarkusFlorez99, mrkoolkevin and BCS8 like this.
  6. red corner

red corner Active Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    I think I'll go with Baer...to get destroyed.

7. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Active Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    why wouldnt everybody

8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    ..could be because of Wlad's crystal chin.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  9. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    While Wladmir should be heavily favored based on overall ability, consistency, and having more tools and skill, Baer brings a few x factors that could swing things his way if the stars are aligned.

One is obviously his devastating power. It was a wild bazooka of a punch, and Wladmir is not the most durable boxer to put it mildly. And while Wladmir had some devastating power himself, he was often more cautious fighting on the back foot and using a jab and grab style to wear guys down until the coast was clear. Baer wouldn't have to worry about getting stopped early unless Wladmir panics and reverts to his old style throwing heavy leather. Baer's aggression+chin+Wladmir's caution could be a disastrous equation.

The second x factor would be Baer's wild style in comparison to Wladmir's relative stiffness and by the book methodical approach. Wladmir is a control freak and wants to maintain control of the pace, range, etc of the fight. Baer doesnt follow anyone's rules and is very unorthodox. Combine that with his clowning and you have a potentially chaotic situation with the pendulum swinging either way.

Overall I'd still favor Wladmir 7/10 but it could be interesting depending on which Wladmir and which Baer show up.

swagdelfadeel, Fergy and 70sFan865 like this.
  10. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 30, 2019
    That's my take as well. I'd still favor Wlad and quite clearly so, but both fighters have a few attributes that would made the opponent struggle. It's not only about Max power, but also his ability to find punches at odd angles that could bother Wlad. Another thing is that Baer was a dirty fighter and he certainly wouldn't just wait for another clinch without something mean.

Overall though, Wlad's combination of stiff jab and physical strength makes him a clear favorite to me.

Glass City Cobra and Fergy like this.